Diana? Laura? Are they ready for a comeback?!

Looking for opinions on these names:
[name]Diana[/name] Clendon
[name]Laura[/name] Clendon

[name]Do[/name] either of them fit as sibling to [name]Timothy[/name], [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]?

Rest of our list: [name]Jane[/name], [name]Mary[/name], [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Anne[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Victoria[/name] (middle only), [name]Georgiana[/name] (middle only).

Thanks

I believe they are. I dont believe that any name is really dated. I have a little cousin named [name]Diana[/name] and I have met a few little girls named [name]Diana[/name]. And I have also met little girls named [name]Laura[/name]. Between the two, I like [name]Diana[/name]. But both names are nice names. From your list I like [name]Catherine[/name], and [name]Victoria[/name]. Gool luck.

I’m a [name]Laura[/name] and I say bring it back! I’ve known a couple of Berries with young [name]Laura[/name]'s so I think there may be a mini revival going on! I love my name :slight_smile:

And as for [name]Diana[/name], about 2 years ago this was really high on my list although mostly as a middle name. There was a young girl on the UK X [name]Factor[/name] a couple of years ago called [name]Diana[/name] who made the name same wearable on a young person.

I think [name]Laura[/name] works really well with Timorth, [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Peter[/name] actually almost feel like “perfect” siblings to me. Really unexpected and although very classic, also very underused and fresh sounding right now. [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] are great sisters too. [name]Susannah[/name] also seems a good fit with these names, or [name]Susanna[/name].

[name]Jane[/name] is actually my middle name and another name I adore. I’d love to see it used more as a first name and think it really deserves a comeback. Same with [name]Mary[/name]. I adore sweet little [name]Mary[/name]! [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Anne[/name] and [name]Victoria[/name] feel a little colder and more stern to me. I love names that give me a warm feeling like [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Mary[/name]. [name]Abigail[/name] is ok, but it’s my cousins name who I don’t get on that well with. [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Abigail[/name] sound good together though. [name]Sophie[/name] is really sweet and pretty and I still love it even though it’s a little overused at the moment. I love [name]Sophie[/name] with [name]Laura[/name]. And [name]Julia[/name] is very pretty, I think it would make a nice sister to [name]Diana[/name]. [name]Georgiana[/name] makes a fab middle.

My faves with [name]Timothy[/name], [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] are: [name]Laura[/name], [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Mary[/name].

Good luck!

I think that [name]Laura[/name] fits very well with [name]Rose[/name]…both are very soft and feminine, sweet and quiet.
[name]Diana[/name] strikes me as a much stronger name…
When I picture these two little girls in my mind [name]Laura[/name] would read a book in the shade while [name]Diana[/name] would climb a tree.
[name]Diana[/name] does have the Lady [name]Di[/name] association while [name]Laura[/name] is more neutral.
I think both go equally well with the boys names, they’re so classic you couldn’t go wrong!

I think [name]Laura[/name] probably sounds better with her siblings, but I like [name]Diana[/name] a lot better. [name]Laura[/name] is really popular where I live, I can think of four teenaged [name]Laura[/name]'s off the top of my head, plus several adults. [name]Diana[/name] has been growing on me a lot lately too, I think it’s totally ready for a comeback. Like pp have said, [name]Diana[/name] comes off as a stronger name

Also, forgot to mention, there’s a teenage [name]Diana[/name] in the tv show The [name]Secret[/name] Circle (guilty pleasure!). Shes very pretty and intelligent, giving the name a fresh image. In a recent episode actually, a boy meets her and when she says her name, he says something along the lines of “You don’t meet many [name]Diana[/name]'s these days” and she replies “no, we’re a rare breed”. I thought that gave the name a lovely, regal and elegant image.

I think [name]Jane[/name], [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Anne[/name] go fabulously with [name]Timothy[/name], [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]. Of the two you’re asking about specifically, I prefer [name]Diana[/name].

I love both Laura and Diana, but I feel Laura goes the best with your sibset.
Plus, there is the lovely Laura Ingalls Wilder association for me (Little House on the Prairie books), and she had a daughter named Rose!

I adore [name]Diana[/name]; I do like [name]Laura[/name]. I think both are classic names. [name]Laura[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Diana[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] are pretty combinations. I also think both names fit well with [name]Timothy[/name], [name]Peter[/name], and [name]Rose[/name].

I think both [name]Diana[/name] and [name]Laura[/name] could work. I personally like [name]Diana[/name] a little better.

Yes, they are ready for a comeback. I’ve met a ten year old [name]Laura[/name] recently. Although I don’t know any [name]Diana[/name]'s, I also know an [name]Amanda[/name] who is thirteen year old. I don’t consider any names dated.

[name]Both[/name] work well with your sibset. My favourite is [name]Laura[/name]:slight_smile: