Diana?

What do you think? I feel like it is a bit dated but also very pretty and kind of a classic. I think it much more fresh than [name]Dianne[/name]/[name]Diane[/name], and it would be cute on a little girl. I [name]LOVE[/name] the moon/hunter goddess association, and also [name]Princess[/name] [name]Diana[/name]. I was surprised to see that it is #191, way more high up than I thought it would be. Am I crazy or what? :slight_smile:

I’ve been really liking [name]Diana[/name] lately. It’s so beautiful and timeless, absolutely lovely.

I don’t think [name]Diana[/name] is dated at all. It’s been around but never extremely popular. I think it’s a good choice.

I love it but it is my mom’s name so I’m biased. I love the mythological connection.

I like it. Prefer the double n spelling which are [name]Dianna[/name] or [name]Dianne[/name].

I went through quite a thing with [name]Diana[/name] a while back. I think it’s very classy and I’d love to meet a little [name]Diana[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Diana[/name] was the combo I had back in the day.

Classy and beautiful [name]IMO[/name]:slight_smile:

[name]Diana[/name] feels dated to me, but I think it would work absolutely lovely in the middle name spot. I also love the moon hunter/goddess connection and am surprised at how high it is in popularity!

[name]Diana[/name] has been growing on me over time. Right now I prefer [name]Dinah[/name] (prn. Die-nuh, like [name]Alice[/name]'s cat in [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland, not [name]Dee[/name]-nuh, the Hebrew pronunciation), but of the two, [name]Diana[/name] certainly sounds more classic.

I like the goddess association too! I recently met a [name]Deanna[/name], which could be a close alternative. And if she decides she doesn’t like it, there are nn choices too.

I think [name]Diane[/name] is quite dated, which might make [name]Diana[/name] seem a little dated, but it’s really not! I think [name]Diana[/name] is a timeless classic with an awesome meaning! I find it to be feminine, strong, and kind of earthy. I have a good friend named [name]Diana[/name] (in her twenties) and she loves her name and it really suits her. If you like the meaning, but are so so on the name, what about [name]Selene[/name] or [name]Luna[/name]?

I’m a big fan of mythological names, generally, but not all mythological names, and [name]Diana[/name] doesn’t really work for me.

I prefer [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Artemis[/name], [name]Selene[/name]/[name]Selena[/name].

[name]Diana[/name] is classic, pretty and feminine with a wonderful legacy from mythological and culture. I think the reason [name]Diana[/name] is on the charts is because its favoured in the Hispanic community in the US. Of course, Spanish speakers pronounce it “dee-[name]AH[/name]-nuh”. I think it’s fresher option than the “dated” [name]Diane[/name] which was popular in the 1950’s.

It’s my mother’s name, so I will always love it. I would use it as a mn for a little girl if my sister hadn’t already.

Thanks for all your opinions! I’m glad I’m not the only think who likes [name]Diana[/name] :slight_smile:

It is pretty, but I prefer [name]Dana[/name].

I currently love love love [name]Diana[/name], and adore the soft NN of [name]Di[/name].

I loved [name]Diana[/name] for a long time, because of the best friend in [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables. :slight_smile:

Dated or not, I find the name extremely harsh. It has always sounded like someone saying “Die [name]Ana[/name]!” or “Die [name]Anna[/name]!” to me. I know that sounds a bit silly.

[name]Diana[/name] has long been a quiet favorite of mine. I love its association with the moon. I went to school with a girl named [name]Diana[/name] and it was such a classic in a sea of Jennifers, Jessicas etc.