Diantha

I’m just looking for general thoughts, responses, and associations with this name…

Thanks!

I think it’s great! It combines the most refreshing elements of ‘[name]Diana[/name]’ and ‘[name]Samantha[/name],’ but it’s still a legitimate name. [name]Unique[/name] without being too weird. She will probably get called ‘[name]Di[/name]’ for short, so if you don’t want that, bear that in mind and consider it as a middle name instead. Personally, I’m a sucker for all of those ‘antha’ names, even if they are a bit of a mouthful.

I’ve never heard it before. It reminds me vaguely of Greek mythology, but in a very accessible way. I really like it. Not clunky, easy to pronounce.

I’m a big fan! I came across this for the first time not too long ago and have really loved it since then.

I like it. Heard it for the first time while watching “[name]Parks[/name] and Rec”. If you’re worried about it being too much for a first name, it would make a great middle name.

I like it- isn’t dianthus a flower part? I see it as a botanical name:)

Generally not a fan of the “th” sound in the middle, just sounds lispy to me. Prefer [name]Diana[/name] or [name]Diandra[/name] to be perfectly honest.

I’m pleased by the generally positive reviews. I thought people wouldn’t think it felt usable in the day and age. I too get a mythological feel from it. I just think it sounds really lovely, and for me [name]Diana[/name] and [name]Diane[/name] are overplayed. Plus I’m on a bit of a -tha and -the ending name ick.

Thanks for the thoughts so far!

Not sure I would use it, but it’s nice.

My first reaction was that it sounded like some sort of medical condition, followed by the thought that it felt forced.