Did anyone "just know"?

I had a gut feeling from the start of my first pregnancy that I was having a girl. Hubby had the same. And sure enough, [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Heather[/name] arrived and neither of us was particularly surprised she was a girl since we’d kind of just know all along.

And now 9 weeks with number 2 I have that same gut feeling that we’re having another girl. As does hubby. And also a psychic told me we’d concieve in February and have a girl, and I know the first part of that turned out true!

Did anyone else have that gut feeling that they just knew it was a boy or a girl? And were you right?

Mothers intuition is very strong and often right. I was correct about guessing the gender of all 3 of my babies. I also am a big believer in the Chinese gender chart and I always consulted that as soon as I found out I was pregnant as well as when I was TTC.

I knew with all 3.

I knew, too. I’m not sure how, it was just a hunch I had. I was right both times :slight_smile:

A friend of mine also had a gut instinct with both of her children; and like you, she was correct on both counts! She is now a proud mama to her daughters [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] (5) and [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Jordyn[/name] (2).

My sister felt like she was pregnant with a girl all along. She’s now 20 or so weeks pregnant and an ultrasound confirmed her feeling. I only very recently discovered that I’m pregnant, so I don’t know how reliable my instincts are, but I think I’m having a boy. For fun, I looked into the Chinese gender chart and it says I’m having a boy. It’ll be awhile before I know, though.

Nope, I didn’t have a clue. Before the ultrasound, I remember I “sort of” felt like I was having a girl, and my mom just serenely shook her head and said, “No, he’s definitely a boy, honey.” She was right.

I’m actually terrible about guessing the sex of anyone’s unborn. You’d think I would be right around 50% of the time, at least, but it’s more like 10%. I always say that a strong feeling one way or the other from me is almost as good as an ultrasound proving the opposite.

I knew and EVERYONE knew I was having a girl! My mom & [name]MIL[/name] both said various things before we knew for sure like, “not that you need to think of boy names” ect…and my sister has even said that she thinks I can only have girls! We’ll see in the future I guess…but I really wouldn’t mind just girls!!

Yeah, me too. I had a feeling that I was having a girl and my hubby had a dream of having a little girl.

Well I’m pregnant with my first children so I can’t really say I’m right with my prediction (yet!) but me and my husband are predicting what genders we think are triplets are going to turn out to be. He says 3 boys but I say 2 girls and a boy- but we will see :slight_smile:

My fiance’s sister said you can tell if it’s a boy if you belly is shaped like a watermelon and it’s a girl if it’s round… not sure how true that is, but she was right on the gender every time someone she knew had a baby, so maybe there is some truth to that!

My belly was as perfectly round as a basketball, and I had a boy. :slight_smile:

These Old Wives’ Tales are very hit-or-miss.