Did the boys lose Blue?

Would you say that [name]Beyonce[/name] and [name]Jay[/name] Z’s family addition has turned public opinion of the name [name]Blue[/name] permanently to the feminine?

[name]Blue[/name] is a family surname that I was considering using in the middle spot potentially for a boy in the future, but I would hate to think that [name]Blue[/name] has been shifted from a gender neutral name to a feminine moniker.

[name]Blue[/name] is only “lost” if parents stop using it for boys. Since [name]Blue[/name] is a color, and one generally associated with boys at that, it cannot be considered strictly feminine. Two celebrities do not determine what sex a word name belongs to just because they used it for their daughter.

Since it is a family surname for you, it has extra meaning. [name]Blue[/name] is absolutely usable for a boy, even more so in the middle spot.

I agree with this. The only way it would be “lost” is if parents like you who might otherwise use it decide not to because it might be perceived as feminine.

I agree with southern.maple and nono.

[name]Don[/name]'t be afraid to use [name]Blue[/name]. If it helps, remember there are boy Blues out there, too, such as [name]Alicia[/name] Silverstone’s [name]Bear[/name] [name]Blu[/name] and [name]Cher[/name]'s [name]Elijah[/name] [name]Blue[/name].

I love [name]Blue[/name] for either, a boy would be fine.

I agree. It is a color name so it does not have a specific gender that it fits. [name]Blue[/name] is more masculine to me because it is more associated with boys. I say use it, it will be a great choice!