Did you ever get that feeling...

When you can’t decide whether or not do you like one name? Did you ever delete name from your list, only to find later that you want it back? Did you ever be unhappy with your list, only to find out you don’t want to delete any of it? Did you ever put some names on your list because “you love them”, but then delete them just days afterwards? Did you ever have feeling you don’t know do you like the name or not?
I’m one of those indecisive persons, who just can’t made up my mind about names! (I’m 20, just few days ago I thought my naming style matured)

All the time! It’s just like you said, sometimes I’m bored/unhappy with my list, but don’t want to get rid of anything and can’t come up with anything new to add. Other times I add names to my list and a couple of days or weeks later change my mind and remove it again. And then the names I can’t make up my mind on… I should have a separate list for those! Like [name_f]Twila[/name_f]. I can’t decide whether I like it or not! I like the sound and meaning but I don’t like the way it looks (but I hate [name_f]Twyla[/name_f]) and worry that the ‘twilight’ sound is a negative thing. [name_m]Just[/name_m] as an example.

I personally am incredibly fickle when it comes to names (mostly girls - my boys stay put for the most part) and so am always tempted to chop and change if I feel the combination isn’t working any more. However, any names that I have taken a sudden fancy to are inevitably removed from my top list within a few days at the most, just because I find I don’t ‘love’ them as much as I thought. I have never yet put a name back on the list once it has been taken off… which just shows how fickle I am. My advice would be to force yourself to wait for a few days, think about the new name and write/say it as much as possible. As for taking names off the list, it is the names I love the most that I find myself unable to take off the list when push comes to shove. Good luck, and know that you are not alone in your indecisiveness!

I am very up and down with names. I do feel sometimes i can’t decide if i like a name ir not. I often delete lists within the same day I make them. A name that i HATE will suddenly be not so bad then so good it makes my list only to be forgotten a couple days late . I’m quite indecisive

This is actually why I took the names out of my signature. The boy names stayed the same for the most part and that got boring sometimes, but the girl names changed everyday because I didn’t love them as much as I thought. I’ve actually found that since deleting the names from my signature, my list has stayed pretty solid and this is the happiest I’ve been with it in awhile. I have a list saved on my computer, but I don’t look at it everyday. I think having to see my signature every time I made a post is what made me struggle with my names. Seeing them over and over made them boring to me.

Absolutely. I keep a list of names that are ‘orbiting’ my long list for exactly that reason. That way I never directly add names or take names off, I force myself to ponder them for a few days. It works okay, except that now names just pop on and off the orbiting list all the time! Oh well, at least my long list has gotten more stable.

@alexnj; I feel you on the signature struggles. I can never put combos in my sig because I’d change them 6 times a day!

All the time. Since I’ve really started thinking about names, I’m constantly trashing and re-listing. For the most part, though, I’ve had the same group of names on the main list for several years so I suspect the name I’ll end up using lies somewhere in the group that’s never been deleted.

I feel that I am a bipolar Schizophrenic nut job fast as I change my list!

All of the time! I am always taking off and re-adding names to my girls list because I’m just so picky. One day I will love a name and the next day it will seem boring to me (compared to the other names). I added, deleted and re-added [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] MULTIPLE times just because I know some family members :coughmymomough: don’t like it. Also, because of it’s popularity. (Although I have never met an [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] under 50. lol) One day I realized how much I loved it and and it’s been in my top 5 favorite names ever since. I don’t really change my boys names a lot.

There are so many great names that it’s hard to narrow them down. I think all of us name nerds do this. lol

I feel this way a lot! I especially feel it about [name_f]Margot[/name_f] nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. Sometimes I think I like the spelling of [name_f]Margot[/name_f] more than the actual name, sometimes I don’t like any spellings of it. [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] I think is very sweet, but sometimes I think it’s just because I know someone with that name, and I like them a lot. It’s pretty annoying!

This is so annoying and it’s true! For me at least. I just feel sad and silly that there’s no that great feeling when you find new name and you feel all exciting at the mere though of this particular name.

Sometimes I want to delete my lists and just start over. My girls list is becoming boring to me and I’m hating my boys list.