Didn't consider this

Am I the only one who gave no consideration the the way the new babies name will play off his/her big sister? [name]Do[/name] you think this is less important since there is a large (15) year age difference between the two of them?

Seeing as you have a large gap between the two siblings people will just assume you changed your naming style. That’s life.

I don’t see it as an issue when there’s 15 years between the children, but it would definitely be a problem if not! (believe me, I was always the odd one out! My name was at it’s peak in the 40’s and never came back, while all my siblings’ names were a lot more modern at the time they were given them… It’s been dreadful!)

I think its very common for later-born children to have a pretty different naming style – I am one (11 years between myself and next sibling), my husband is one, and my niece is one, and our names are all at least a slightly different style than the older siblings. My sisters are [name]Joy[/name] and [name]Gaye[/name], and always teased that I should have been named [name]Merry[/name]! but instead, I’m just [name]Dana[/name], a boring unisex name (although intended as namesake for Dad, [name]Daniel[/name])

Thanks for all the feeback. My siblings and I have some space in age and my name ([name]Beverly[/name]) is a name from a much older generation while all my siblings have names that topped the popularity charts when they were born: [name]Shannon[/name], [name]Amanda[/name] and [name]Matthew[/name]. Not sure what my mom was thinking :slight_smile:

I think [name]Beverly[/name] is a gorgeous name!!! But no i dont think that the names need ot be similar since there is a 15 year age diffrence. i am 9 years older then my brother, [name]Connor[/name] and 11 years older then my sister [name]Kaylan[/name]. [name]Kaylan[/name] and [name]Connor[/name] go nicely. But [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Connor[/name], and [name]Kaylan[/name]. Im the odd oone out. lol. but until this post i never really thought about it. But i dont think it will matter. Considering how much nameing styles in general have changed!