Different naming styles

I typically myself drawn toward vintage names such as [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], etc. I love their rich history and fun-loving/familiar sounds. Lately however, I have also been liking modern occupational names like [name_m]Archer[/name_m] and [name_u]Parker[/name_u]. I don’t want to like these names, as they clash with my dominant naming style!

Has anyone else found that their favourite names don’t match stylistically?

Yeah. I’m usually really into more vintage, unusual names, but I also really like [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], [name_f]Britney[/name_f], [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] and [name_u]Courtney[/name_u].
I think it’s normal to like names from “opposite” styles.

While a lot of names I like would be considered occupation or surname names I also have others I like that don’t fit that style like [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] and [name_m]Adam[/name_m]. And I think that is fine. If they are names you like you shouldn’t worry that they don’t “fit in.” [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t let one style define what you can and cannot like.

Completely! Most of my favourite names fall into two style, for both boys and girls: short, Modern names, like [name_m]Nash[/name_m] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f], and longer, more vintage names like [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] and [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]. Plus I also really like some pretty over the top girls names like [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] and [name_f]Ianthe[/name_f].

Hopping over from another big baby name board.

I’m having my own [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] on [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]! Oddly my favorite girls name was always [name_f]Stella[/name_f] but my husband vetoed it a hard no and my best friend named her dog [name_f]Stella[/name_f] :frowning:

Our daughters name is [name_u]Everly[/name_u], so stylistically very different. Our other boy names were [name_m]Archer[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Harlan[/name_m], and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] :slight_smile:

I think we are all over the place because I love vintage names with flair and my husband loves trendy names, top ten, and dramatic ancient [name_m]Roman[/name_m]/Greek names. Finding a name we both agree on is very hard.

Yes! My boys and girls names are very different