Different taste in names.. gah we're so stuck.

We found out this week we are expecting a girl in February! We have a son [name_u]Carson[/name_u] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] 2yo… [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is a 4th generation middle name on the hubs side. (I wasn’t fond of it… but it was important to him so I caved)

This girl naming business is so difficult. I like names like [name_u]Avery[/name_u], [name_u]Finley[/name_u], or [name_f]Paige[/name_f] (all nixed)… he’s really stuck on [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] at the moment but likes names with a very feminine flare and/or with girly nicknames. What’s most important to me is a cute name for a squish that will grow into a beautiful adult name. I’m okay going with a girly first name with a stronger middle as long as it’s not too “fluffy”!:wink:

Our last name is in my username and ends in “er” so any names ending with “er” are a no go.

A few names I don’t really care for or can’t use due to friends or family are: [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] ([name_f]Alivia[/name_f]), [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Bella[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_u]Harper[/name_u], [name_f]Bridget[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (I love this one… he said no:-( ) [name_f]Clover[/name_f] (our pup)

Please help! Thank you. ---- A&A W.

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_u]Averill[/name_u]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Greer[/name_f]
[name_f]Margo/name_f
[name_u]Marlow/name_u
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Nella[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] (would be alliterative with your last name - but I think in this case it works)

I’m surprised you don’t like [name_u]Delaney[/name_u]. I put it in the unisex category. I think it is really cute and goes well with [name_u]Carson[/name_u]. [name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_u]Josie[/name_u]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f]

Thanks! I do like [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] however I just don’t have “that” feeling about it… you know?! It’s growing on me.

I love [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] as a middle name… It’s my grandpa’s first name! Hubby will not go for it being a first name.
I also like [name_u]Sage[/name_u] but again only as a middle.

[name_u]Ellery[/name_u] and [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] are beautiful first names as is [name_f]Avril[/name_f]… I’ll run those by him!

Thanks

You’ve liked a lot of names ending in the ‘ee’ sound, so maybe:
[name_u]Andy[/name_u]
[name_f]Maisy[/name_f]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_m]Davie[/name_m]

and two guesses on my part-
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]
[name_u]Sloane[/name_u]

[name_u]Carson[/name_u] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] W. and little sister…
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] (since you like [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u]) or even [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] (nn [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] - too much with [name_u]Carson[/name_u] though?)
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]
[name_u]London[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] (nn [name_f]Junie[/name_f])
[name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_u]Scout[/name_u]
Best of luck! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you like some of these!

I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] and [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] for you! [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] isn’t really my style, because I’m usually not one for unisex names, but considering the other names you like, I think it’d be great. It also sounds good with [name_u]Carson[/name_u]. [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] I love even more because it was [name_f]Buttercup[/name_f]'s daughter’s name from The [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f].

So other than [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] and [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] - going with the unisex/surname-y feeling, but feminine enough for your husband:

[name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_u]Halle[/name_u]/[name_f]Hallie[/name_f]
[name_f]Samantha[/name_f]
[name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_u]Raleigh[/name_u]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Allison[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_u]Tierney[/name_u] (I actually knew sisters named [name_u]Raleigh[/name_u] and [name_u]Tierney[/name_u])
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_u]Dakota[/name_u]
[name_u]Tegan[/name_u]
[name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]

I’m not sure if this has been said yet, but I think [name_u]Flannery[/name_u] would be a wonderful choice for your family. It has a similar sound to [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] and a similar style to ones you like (like [name_u]Finley[/name_u]), yet is best known by the author [name_u]Flannery[/name_u] O’[name_m]Connor[/name_m], a renowned female writer. Plus, [name_u]Flannery[/name_u] & [name_u]Carson[/name_u] work wonderfully together.
Another suggestion I thought up was [name_u]Laney[/name_u], similar to your style names yet distinctly feminine for your husband’s style (not to mention, it’s only three letters off his beloved [name_u]Delaney[/name_u]).

[name_f]Fenella[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_f]Midge[/name_f]
[name_u]Teal[/name_u]
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Raine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Merida[/name_f]
[name_u]Marion[/name_u]
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]
[name_u]Wynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]

I think [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] is a beautiful name. [name_u]Lane[/name_u] is a pretty nn and is appropriate for any age, in my opinion. Some suggestions:
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] ([name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Katie[/name_f], or [name_f]Kat[/name_f])
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]-I think [name_f]Beth[/name_f] is the best nn. I’m not so fond of [name_f]Libby[/name_f]. Although [name_f]Liz[/name_f] or [name_f]Lizzy[/name_f] is nice.
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Nella[/name_f] ([name_f]Nell[/name_f])
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] ([name_u]June[/name_u])
[name_u]January[/name_u] ([name_u]Jan[/name_u])
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]
Zoella ([name_f]Zoey[/name_f])
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u] ([name_u]Syd[/name_u])
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]- I think [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] makes a gorgeous mn for [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] :slight_smile:
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f]
[name_u]Addison[/name_u] ([name_f]Addi[/name_f])
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]Brook[/name_u]
[name_f]Annalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] ([name_f]Addi[/name_f])
[name_u]Allison[/name_u]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
Xaria
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f] ([name_m]Zel[/name_m])
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
and [name_f]Maureen[/name_f] ([name_m]Moe[/name_m])

I hope this helped. Good luck!