Dimitri and Gideon

Thoughts on these names berries? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like them and think they work well for brothers? What nicknames would you give them?

What other names would you add? And what would you name their sisters? :slight_smile:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and love [name_m]Dmitri[/name_m] second most. But they are both gorgeous names honestly - you’ve got great taste!

I love [name_m]Dimitri[/name_m] - it’s one of my favourite names of all time. I love the connection to Greek mythology, I love how it sounds so sophisticated and handsome, I love that it’s familiar but uncommon in most countries (maybe except Greece and Russian-speaking countries). [name_m]Dima[/name_m] is my favourite nickname for it. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] is handsome too, but not my style.

I love [name_m]Dimitri[/name_m] . I actaully know several of them . Most of them go either by their full names or by the nn Mitso . [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] is my favorite though ! Its a stunning ! And i think it goes great with [name_m]Dimitri[/name_m] too ! Maybe [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] nn [name_u]Dean[/name_u] ?

For a brother , how about :

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] ( [name_m]Alec[/name_m] , [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] )
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Quentin[/name_m]

For a sister :

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] is on my list and will most likely be our second boy’s name (after [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]), so I’m partial to it. I absolutely adore the name. As for [name_m]Dimitri[/name_m], not so much. It’s just not my taste and I just find it a little glaring. I suppose [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and [name_m]Dimitri[/name_m] work well together as brothers.

I love both of them! They’re on my favourite lists (with [name_m]Dimitri[/name_m] spelt [name_m]Demetri[/name_m]), and I think they go together really well. I love Mitri (Mee-tree), and [name_m]Eon[/name_m] as nns. They go so well together though maybe I’m biased since I love both. Possible sibling names:
[name_m]Dimitri[/name_m], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], &…
[name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]

[name_f]Jana[/name_f]
[name_f]Amadea[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]

Thanks for the help berries! I think we’re getting there on agreeing on these 2 names :blush:feeling more positive about how they go together… and have even managed to agree on a few girls names (for now anyway) :blush:

[name_m]Dimitri[/name_m] isn’t my style but I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]. It’s so handsome. I’m not sure on nns for [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] though, let me know if you find any good ones!

I like them both! [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] a bit more, but they go together so wonderfully! Very strong and handsome, different but recognizable.

I really like both names, and I think they sound great together. It’s not a combo I had ever thought of, but I like it a lot.