Dislike a name everyone seems to love?

[name]Do[/name] you dislike a name everyone else seems to love?? Are you sick to death of seeing it? Please feel free to vent about it here! I’ll go first: [name]CHARLOTTE[/name]. I have a friend name [name]Charlette[/name], but I’m not sure WHY I don’t like it. My mother can’t stand it, either, oddly enough. I am SO SO SO sick of seeing it on the boards!!!

[name]Atticus[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Isla[/name] & [name]Ruby[/name].
Totally up my alley, but don’t like them at all. For [name]Jude[/name] & [name]Ruby[/name], it’s the sound. For [name]Atticus[/name] & [name]Isla[/name], I feel like a good chunk of my dislike is “just because”. I think with [name]Atticus[/name], I just think, “Have you not read any other book in your lifetime?”, and [name]Isla[/name] I have some kind of hipster problem with. I don’t understand where my grudges seem to come from.
All are board-popular, but the vast majority of kids & teens I know are Basque and I’ve never met an [name]Atticus[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Isla[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name] in my life, so it’s not like I’m seeing these names off the internet.

Wow, I love [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Atticus[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Isla[/name], and [name]Ruby[/name]! Especially [name]Atticus[/name]!

But then again, totally get it. I keep seeing [name]Daphne[/name] & [name]Imogen[/name] on blogs and forums and such, both I find extremely unnatractive!

There’s a TON of real life examples, but you berries have more similar tastes to me, so it’s more unusual to find names where we have oppisite feelings.

[name]Clementine[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Katniss[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Anouk[/name], and [name]Olive[/name] to name a few…I just don’t see the appeal!

Agree with all of these except for [name]Willow[/name]. [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Olive[/name], I’m sorry, I cannot imagine them on a real person and I really don’t want to. I cannot picture these on a grown businesswoman or the like.

I dislike [name]Harper[/name] (a la [name]Stephen[/name] [name]Harper[/name], [name]Canada[/name]'s Prime Minister), [name]Adelaide[/name] (unattractive sound, all I hear is “laid”), [name]Felix[/name] (the cat), [name]Lily[/name] (looks pretty but I can’t stand the sound for some reason), [name]Bella[/name] ([name]WAY[/name] too twilight), [name]Finn[/name]/[name]Finley[/name] (I think of fish fins), [name]Mason[/name] (reminds me of mayonnaise haha), [name]Elle[/name] (too short for a name for me), [name]Charlotte[/name] (just dislike the sound), [name]Miles[/name] (seems like the cool new hipster name), [name]Caleb[/name] (I feel like I have a cold when I say this name), [name]Imogen[/name] (doesn’t sound like a name to me).

Most of these are just picky little things, but I guess it’s down to preference too, I’m sure a lot of people dislike the names I adore haha.

I can never thing of the names I hate on command, lol. And most of them, I don’t really hate… I just don’t see the appeal.

[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Theo[/name] (GAH, what do people see in this?!)
[name]George[/name] (although I like it as a MN… very weird)
[name]Nora[/name]

I am actually starting to like some of these, though ([name]Eloise[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Norah[/name]), so I feel like they shouldn’t really be on here but for months I’ve pretty much hated them, lol.

I think my two are [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Harper[/name]. I SO totally think, is that the only book you’ve read? Especially since (having met Miss [name]Lee[/name]), NO [name]ONE[/name] calls her [name]Harper[/name] or ever has. Her name is [name]Nelle[/name], which is her grandmother’s name backwards ([name]Ellen[/name]). [name]Every[/name] time I hear [name]Atticus[/name], I think of what one of my 10th grade students wrote in an essay: [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Finch[/name] was named that because he was locked in an attic when he was five…lol.

I also really don’t like traditional boys’ names on girls, because I am saddled with what once was first a surname and then a boy’s first name.

[name]Clementine[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Katniss[/name], [name]Persephone[/name], [name]Felicia[/name], and [name]Bella[/name]… Some female names that seem to be popular, that I just can’t stand.

[name]Penelope[/name]. Everyone on the boards seems to love it. I dislike the nn [name]Penny[/name] as well. I am also not a fan of [name]Harper[/name] and I see I am in good company there. [name]Ellie[/name] is a nn I can’t stand either that people on these boards seem to like a lot.

For me, it’s [name]Juniper[/name]. It’s okay, but personally, it’s just not for me.

I dislike [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Mary[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], and [name]Stella[/name]. I also dislike [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Hugh[/name], and [name]Nathan[/name].

I don’t understand why [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Florence[/name] get so much board love. I really, REALLY dislike [name]Clementine[/name] especially, the “[name]Clem[/name]” sounds like “phlegm” to me, and [name]Florence[/name] has the nickname “[name]Flo[/name]”, which, you know.

I actually like the look and sound of [name]Harper[/name], but I dislike all of its associations, (TKAM was a good book, but it wasn’t the best thing thing I’ve ever read, and I’m tired of the Beckhams). If I could name my daughter without everyone thinking she was named after them I’d go with it.

I also dislike [name]Adelaide[/name]. All I can think of is the song “Adalae” by the [name]Pink[/name] Spiders every time I see it.

Thought of two others. [name]Lula[/name] and [name]Abraham[/name]. I just don’t see the appeal…

I do happen to like [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Lola[/name], and [name]Bram[/name], though…

[name]Katniss[/name]. Can’t stand it. It’s not unique or unusual, not by a long shot. Not next to [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Katya[/name], [name]Doris[/name], [name]Agnes[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Frances[/name], [name]Katrina[/name], and the heaps of names that share its beginning ([name]Kat[/name]) or end (the ‘iss’ sound.)

[name]Just[/name] thought of another one - [name]Tallulah[/name]. [name]Just[/name] a very [name]OTT[/name] princessy name in my opinion that can’t be seen on anything but a little girl.

[name]Iris[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] (for a girl. I actually like it on a boy), [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Maeve[/name] (don’t really dislike, I just think it’s overrated), [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Liliana[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], Peneople, [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Xanthe[/name], [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Esme[/name]… that’s all I can think of for now.

[name]Caleb[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]River[/name], [name]Carter[/name], [name]Mason[/name], [name]Liam[/name] (want to like it though, but probably not gonna happen), [name]Archer[/name], [name]Xander[/name], [name]Silas[/name]…

Yes. These.
Also, just full on [name]Isabelle[/name]/[name]Isabella[/name]. I just don’t get it.

[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] (or anything ending in it)
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Lilah[/name]/[name]Layla[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Beau[/name] (and anything with the [name]Bo[/name] sound)
[name]Archer[/name]

[name]Maddison[/name]/[name]Addison[/name], [name]Leah[/name]/Leigha/[name]Leanne[/name]/etc., [name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sophie[/name]. [name]Clara[/name]/[name]Claire[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Harper[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Nora[/name]/[name]Norah[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], most of the Twilight names ([name]Alice[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Emmett[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Edward[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Emily[/name], etc.), [name]Penelope[/name] (I love more obscure Greek mythology names and hate when someone suggests this as an alternative. I use to like it somewhat, but it has been ruined for me), the strange obsession with nicknames on here, [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Cora[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], and pretty much all of the virtue names except [name]Verity[/name].