Divergent Baby Names

Did anyone else see it yet? It was amazing btw…

But with the popularity of the books and now the movies I have a feeling Divergent names are going up in popularity.

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] NN Trise
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]

love [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]

I think Candor or [name_f]Amity[/name_f] could make interesting choices.

I saw it last night. I thought it was pretty good. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister hated it because it didn’t stick to the book very well. The name [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] has really started to grow on me. I also really like [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]. I actually share a name with one of the characters but I’m not a big fan of my name.

Really she didn’t like it? I thought it stuck to the book really well except for the changes they made to the ending but I thought they worked. It was the best book to movie adaptation I have seen so far better than Twilight or The Hunger Games. =]

I really like [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], and while I’d rather spell the nn Triss, it’s a nice-sounding nickname. [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] and [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] are all nice, too.

SPOILERS

Really? I just got back from seeing it and sooo much was wrong with that movie. I liked it but it was not a good book to movie adaptation. They completely left out [name_f]Christina[/name_f]'s relationship with [name_m]Will[/name_m] which is huge for [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] in the books. They completely changed the ending. They left out the eye stabbing part with [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and how he leaves with [name_f]Myra[/name_f] which I feel is important once the 3rd movie comes around. They didn’t focus on how much [name_m]Peter[/name_m] tormented [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. They completely left out their neighbors in Abnegation who later play a big role to [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] in particular. They didn’t mention anything about [name_m]Peter[/name_m]'s crew and [name_f]Molly[/name_f] was even nice to [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] in the movie. That was not like the book at all. [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] just helps his dad onto the train at the end like they’re BFFs and it didn’t focus on his struggle with his dad being there. They left out visiting day and had her mom visit in a completely different way. Then her mom didn’t even mention the serum or tell her to go see [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] about it. The scene with her mom and [name_m]Will[/name_m] was not even remotely close to the book. [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] went from being an asshole to [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] one day and then in love with her the next. They left so much out and twisted so much stuff around. Had I not read the book, I would have enjoyed it more. It’s not a bad movie but it’s definitely a horrible book to film adaptation. I was pretty disappointed. Hunger Games did a way better job [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. The only thing Hunger Games left out that I was sad about was [name_u]Rue[/name_u]'s district sending the bread to her after [name_u]Rue[/name_u] died.

I am really starting to love the name [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] for a middle. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t think my fiance would like it though.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m].

IDK we will have to see how it all plays out. I mean they only have 2 hours to fit stuff books are always better than movies. But I feel like they did well with what they had to work with the author worked side by side with the director so she was a part of every decision. I feel like they will get into more with the second movie that they didn’t get into with this one. With the first one they were really trying to character build and get the plot line set up. Overall I was happy with the acting I mean [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] played Four so well I just watched his face and he was awesome! I was expecting the same crap teenage acting like Twighlight. I thought the casting was done really well and the acting was much better than most teen dramas.

I actually just got back from seeing this movie, so I had to click on the post when I saw the title!

I didn’t read the book, but I thought the movie was pretty good. I definitely walked out of the theatre with a “that was very similar to the hungar games” thought… But I don’t know what book came out first…

Anyhoo, I did love the character “[name_u]Tris[/name_u]”. I think that is a very cool and modern spin on [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].

[name_m]Tobias[/name_m] I don’t love because I associate it with [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] Funke from arrested development and I could never take it seriously on another human.

I agree that [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] played a very good [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]. I’m a little disappointed with the choice of Shailene Woodley as [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. They described her as small and blonde and plain. Shailene just didn’t fit that for me. I’d think something more along the lines of [name_f]Elle[/name_f] Fanning or [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] Fanning or maybe [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] Moretz.

Seeing as my favourite character [name_m]Uriah[/name_m] was left out of the first movie I can already sense the movie will be a disappointment.
Only joking, I haven’t even seen the film yet but I hope they do the book justice.

Names i like:
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_m]Uriah[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Zeke[/name_m]

I don’t feel like Shailene Woodley was the right choice (and I just finished reading The Fault in Our Stars last night and I’m super disappointed that she was cast for that too) but I didn’t think the adaptation was that bad. I liked it more than I had anticipated. As others said, [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] [name_m]Roth[/name_m] was involved in the decisions and I’m sure they had reasons to play up/play down certain aspects.

I’ve like the name [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] since the Animorph books back when I was a kid, but it sounds silly with my married name (starts with a T… too alliterative) Same with [name_u]Tris[/name_u], though I like it! [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is too … old… for me.

I’m so disappointed she’s playing [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] too. It’s not at all what I imagined. I am happy with the choice for [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] though. And the actor who plays [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] played her brother in Divergent.