Dixie?

WDYT of [name]Dixie[/name]? I cannot believe I like it actually but I am really in love with it at the moment. Is the [name]Dixie[/name] Chicks or the [name]Dixie[/name] cup association to strong to make it usable. I love the southern feel of this name and I find myself falling in love with more and more southern names at the moment so I think it would definitely fit in with the new direction my list is taking but I just don’t know.

I think [name]Dixie[/name] would have too much teasing potential nowadays :frowning: (The cups, the chicks, dicks-ie) As cute as it is, and sounds, many people I think would just not get it.
My first thought was “Because of [name]Wynn[/name] [name]Dixie[/name]” which is a story/movie about a dog I believe.

The Confederacy association is the problem here, I think. This seems usable as a cute nickname, but probably only within family or around very close friends. I would be shocked to meet a little [name]Dixie[/name] – this is one that really might offend people. Which is unfortunate, since it’s very cute.

I think it has too much teasing potential. I like [name]Trixie[/name] and [name]Pixie[/name], though.