Do initials matter?

I really want to name my baby girl [name_f]Kinley[/name_f] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] and our last name also starts with a K, so her initials would be K,K,K. I don’t know how to feel about this and I don’t want her to be stuck with it forever if it’s horrible! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you pay attention to people’s initials or think anything of them? Also any other first name suggestions for middle name [name_u]Kelly[/name_u]?

1 Like

Usually, initials probably wouldn’t matter, but KKK makes me wince. You could do a double middle name to break up the KKK, or you could spell one of the names differently.

12 Likes

normally initials wouldn’t matter, but this I would consider to be too far. I don’t think you can use those initials. if you like [name_f]Kinley[/name_f], how do you feel about [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]?

4 Likes

I think with those initials, it may be best to avoid. Maybe [name_f]Kinley[/name_f] could be short for McKinley, then it would be MKK, and wouldn’t be an issue. [name_u]Or[/name_u] you could always change the middle name, or even add a second middle. [name_f]Kinley[/name_f] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (or any other name) K… would be better than [name_f]Kinley[/name_f] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] K…

I just think the connotations K, K, K carry together is too much for a child.

8 Likes

I would personally avoid Kkk as initials and I second the suggestions of a double middle/changing the middle.

2 Likes

aah yes i would reconsider those initials, maybe choose a very similar first name, i like the idea of McKinley instead of [name_f]Kinley[/name_f] :blush:

some of the closest i can find:

Brinley
[name_u]Henley[/name_u]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_u]Emery[/name_u]
[name_u]Blakeley[/name_u]
[name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_f]Lacey[/name_f]
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]

2 Likes

I think initials matter. As an adult, I sign a lot of things with my initials. I suppose I could skip my middle initial if I wanted to. So for her it would be KK instead of KKK.

Why did you chose the middle name [name_u]Kelly[/name_u]? That could help us provide new suggestions.

Yes. They do. It would lead to a lot of teasing.

Also, KKK isn’t exactly the best thing by to name your daughter after…

My husband and I both have mothers named [name_u]Kelly[/name_u], so I think the middle is very important. I agree with you all that KKK wouldn’t be the best which is why I was asking for suggestions! I would love more first name ideas! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm yikes, I would avoid those initials if possible. You could go with a second middle name to fix it.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Blakeley[/name_u] and [name_u]Brinley[/name_u]! [name_m]Will[/name_m] be adding to my list!

1 Like

Ohh I’m sorry I misread that as looking for a new middle name! That’s so interesting, my relative married a guy who’s mom’s name was also [name_f]Pamela[/name_f], so that was given to their daughter as a middle name! So interesting when 2 people fall in love and then their mom’s have the same name :sweat_smile: It’s like they’re meant to be together and have a daughter lol

1 Like

I think most initials are workable, but KKK would be an absolute dealbreaker for me, I’m sorry. [name_f]Kinley[/name_f] is really sweet though! Some suggestions that remind me of [name_f]Kinley[/name_f] in sound and/or style…

[name_f]Adelie[/name_f]
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_f]Bria[/name_f]
[name_f]Brielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_f]Hallie[/name_f]
[name_u]Harlow[/name_u]
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]
[name_f]Lainey[/name_f]
[name_u]Laken[/name_u]
[name_u]Leighton[/name_u]
[name_u]Lindsey[/name_u]
[name_f]Lindy[/name_f]
[name_f]Macy[/name_f]
Maebry
[name_f]Maelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Maelys[/name_f]
[name_u]Marley[/name_u]
[name_u]Marlow[/name_u]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
[name_u]Paisley[/name_u]
[name_f]Quinley[/name_f]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_u]Saylor[/name_u]
[name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
[name_u]Teagan[/name_u]
[name_f]Tenley[/name_f]
[name_f]Winry[/name_f]
[name_f]Winslet[/name_f]

I especially like the ones that wouldn’t repeat the “lee” sound in [name_u]Kelly[/name_u]! Good luck! :blue_heart:

1 Like

My husband doesn’t think so but I think they do. KKK is something you probably want to avoid.

Sometimes they might (example: P.I.G, D.I.E & S.I.N) I highly recommend to avoid these initials. Maybe change her first or middle name or give her a second middle name?

In this particular instance I would say a resounding yes. (Sorry) my boys initial is ATM but it’s not going to raise eyebrows as much as KKK

I don’t usually care about initials at all, but I definitely wouldn’t advise using this name.

1 Like

Usually I would say initials only matter if they “spell” something offensive or negative, so in this case, I think the initials would be problematic.

2 Likes

I can count on my hands the number of initials that I would actually consider 100% unusable and this is on that list :/.

4 Likes

I find most initials fine when people ask on here, but this one isn’t.

1 Like