Do moms and dads think differently about toy purchases?

What do you Berries think? You you see eye to eye with your significant other when it comes to toy buying? Are you more deal conscious? Does he buy what your baby doesn’t need? Give me some insight into how you two differ when it comes to purchasing toys and beyond for your little one(s).

Thanks!

I buy 99% of our little one’s toys. We’re fortunate enough to have two AMAZING charity shops in our local village. I’ve gotten well over €1,000 worth of toys for just a couple of hundred bucks in the past couple of years. I regularly get toys that are between €2 and €10 (that are in Excellent shape, some still obviously New) that retail for anywhere between €15 and €50.

I do it out of convenience and because I’m the one out during the day running errands. And, they have such good things and such high turnover you really have to go Frequently to get the best items. He’s fine with the arrangement because he hates shopping for anything, especially in crowded toy stores. And, how can you argue if your spouse comes home with €50 worth of quality toys for €10? :slight_smile:

I’ve also bought tons of clothes this way, though it was mostly in the [name]LITTLE[/name] sizes, because they wear them for such a short time that there’s a high turnover for infants. I once got a bag full of clothes with tags still on, for €10.

So, I’m definitely the one that does most of the shopping and I’m a definite bargain hunter! Though, I don’t really have to “hunt”, it’s all right in front of me most of the time. I just have to scoop up the deals! :slight_smile:

I think it depends on the person, not the gender. My husband and I were both brought up looking for deals and saving money whenever possible. I don’t think I have ever paid full price for any of [name]Grace[/name]'s toys, clothes, gear, etc. That, however, cannot be said for our parents. They spoil their granddaughter silly (even though they were the ones who taught us to only buy things on sale or secondhand). I think it just depends on how you were brought up, where you are in your life, and how you view shopping in general.

My husband loves to shop as much as I do. It is a problem and we have too many toys as a result. My husband is more into tech toys and I am more into classic dramatic play things.