Do My Boys and Girls Go Together?

Not expecting, but TTC and hoping to be expecting soon. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I would love to have up to 3 more kids. We already have [name_m]Benton[/name_m] [name_m]Grover[/name_m], [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_u]Raven[/name_u] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]. I’ve been on the hunt for names. Initially I wanted a list of names to choose from when the baby arrived, but now I have a boy name and a girl name that I’m pretty certain are it.

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylva[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]

For the next babies I have to choose from in no particular order…

[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Luther[/name_m]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_u]Forest[/name_u] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u]

[name_u]Or[/name_u]

[name_u]Laurel[/name_u] [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_u]Truly[/name_u] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f] [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]

I’m not super concerned about a cohesive sibset, but do any of these stand out as just not fitting at all?

I would say that your style feels very “modern middle earth” and in that respect they match really well! A lot of these names mean forest, but since you already have littles, I don’t think it matters! I actually genuinely think these names are gorgeous :star_struck::purple_heart:

6 Likes

I love that! There are definitely some names in here I wouldn’t necessarily use together. Like if I had a Jasper and a Sylva, Silas would be crossed off the list for the last baby. And I wouldn’t use Malcolm and Melody, or Truly and Melody together. I don’t mind Sylva and Forest together as much because it’s not obvious to everyone that they mean the same thing and the trees are my happy place anyway. :blush: Thanks!

1 Like

For me your [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_m]Malcom[/name_m], [name_u]Truly[/name_u] and [name_f]Melody[/name_f] combos outshine the others!

1 Like

I think these work!! Maybe [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] feels like a bit of an outlier to me, but not in anyway that makes it unusable - I guess possibly because it matches with [name_m]Benton[/name_m] more than your girls.

1 Like

@Greyblue I agree and I actually kinda feel the same way about [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] as well. However, I don’t even really think [name_m]Benton[/name_m] goes well with my girls’ names. [name_m]Benton[/name_m] feels more cottagey while [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] and [name_u]Raven[/name_u] are more mystical/magical. I’m starting to realize I have different naming styles for boys and girls. Boys are more cottagey farm boy and girls are more magical adventurer. I’ve been trying to marry the 2 styles for all the names I pick, but I’m not sure I’m totally hitting the mark. [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] and [name_f]Sylva[/name_f] definitely hit both I think. Maybe that’s why I’m loving them so much.

1 Like

I actually feel @bemiranda nailed your style perfectly ‘modern middle earth’ feels a very descriptive way of describing your style :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] like this berry I agree think a lot of names are very well matched and truly gorgeous! The only name that feels a little ‘off’ is [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like @Greyblue said I think he’s more matched to [name_m]Benton[/name_m] than your girls.

3 Likes

Yeah - think that’s why Emmett, Silas and Forest work for me, as they mesh well with both vibes?

1 Like

@Greyblue I definitely think [name_u]Forest[/name_u] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] do. I’m just not sure about [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] meeting the magical adventurer vibe. He feels like a farm boy/cowboy all the way to me. Actually, [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] feels a bit more like a magical adventurer to me since I associate him with [name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] from [name_u]Firefly[/name_u]. I could just go with [name_u]Forest[/name_u] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m], but [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] and [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] are my husband’s favorites. :crazy_face: Oh the dilemmas of a name nerd. I drive my husband crazy. :grin:

1 Like

@Greyblue I forgot “Doc” [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] in Back to the [name_u]Future[/name_u]! He is a magical adventurer! [name_f]My[/name_f] hubby says he’s totally calling him [name_m]Doc[/name_m] as a NN if we use [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]. :joy:

1 Like

@

Emmett nn Doc :heart_eyes: :grin: I kind of like it a lot!!

1 Like