Do these fit?

I’m trying to add to my lists and can’t decide if certain names “go” with the others or not. I’m not really good at describing style, but I guess I’d say it’s somewhat vintage, but still somewhat modern sounding? I’m not sure lol.

Here are my lists:
Boys:
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]

Girls:
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]/Elinor
[name_f]Norah[/name_f]

Names I’m unsure about adding:
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] (feels perhaps a bit short?)
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_u]Tobin[/name_u] (obviously not as a brother to [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], but with the rest of them)
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m] (Im not optimistic about how well this one fits, but I like the nn [name_m]Dez[/name_m] so I’m considering it. Be honest though!)
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] (I’m not sure if I prefer it as a first or middle)
Jules (Im not sure for a boy or girl; also feels a bit short)
Calvin

Vote for any that you think would fit in, or feel free to comment why or why not you like a particular name! Suggestions are also welcome!

• [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Tobin[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
  • Jules for a boy only
  • Jules for a girl only
  • Jules for either
  • Calvin
  • None of them fit

0 voters

Thanks in advance!

I have a bunch of points so bear with me:

1.I like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], and since [name_m]Felix[/name_m] & [name_f]Norah[/name_f] are both also 5 letters, it doesn’t seem too short to me.
2. [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] definitely work! I slightly prefer [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] over [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] for you.
3. I think [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] works better than [name_m]Rueben[/name_m], though [name_m]Rueben[/name_m] doesn’t not work, I just don’t personally like it because it reminds me of the sandwich.
4. [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] definitely goes well, it has the same vibe as the others. [name_m]Dez[/name_m] is adorable.
5. I don’t know if you’re thinking of using nicknames, but what about [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] nn [name_u]Jules[/name_u]? [name_u]Jules[/name_u] can work on it’s own, but I like it as a nickname. If on it’s own, I definitely prefer it for a boy.
6. I think [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] goes better than [name_u]Tobin[/name_u], but to be honest I much prefer [name_u]Tobin[/name_u] ever since I mentioned to someone I liked [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] nn [name_u]Toby[/name_u] and they said “sounds like toe bias.” I can’t get over that description, maybe you can lol. [name_u]Tobin[/name_u] feels a little trendy/almost stiff? next to your others.

I think you have a very good handle on your own style, so don’t doubt it! I’d call it vintage but fresh. None of these names stand out as totally mismatched with the others, they all go well!

1 Like

Thank you for all the feedback!

I actually have no idea what a [name_m]Rueben[/name_m] sandwich is, and had never heard of it until I saw a post discussing [name_m]Reuben[/name_m], so the association doesn’t really bother me… except that I don’t want my kid to be “that sandwich kid”

I’m not totally decided on whether or not I like nicknames, but [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] nn [name_u]Jules[/name_u] is fabulous! I kind of like the idea of a clearly feminine or masculine name with a more unisex nickname.

Haha, toe-bias definitely isn’t super attractive… However, I like it enough to put that aside.

I don’t know if rueben sandwiches are that popular except maybe in the US back [name_u]East[/name_u]? The only reason I know about them is because my dad is a fan, so I think you’d be good! I don’t think toe-bias is that big of a deal if it’s not bothersome to you personally, I’d say keep it. I like it on other’s lists/kids, but I have a weird hatred of toes so it totally threw me off haha.

1 Like