Do these go together?

Not having a baby anytime soon but wondering if these styles clash at all. Is it okay to use names from different time periods? [name_f]Do[/name_f] they have to “fit” together?

Edit: would Louisa go better with Dorothy? Maybe Dottie and Lou for nn

Here are the names I like:
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
And
[name_u]Lisa[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

[name_f]Do[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] go together or does [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] scream 1950-60s and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] 1910s?

1 Like

They work together.

1 Like

Honestly as long as you love the name I don’t think it’s a big deal! [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] is ready for it’s 100 year revival and while [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] is a little dated I still think it’s really cute!

3 Likes

I think it’s fine but [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_f]Leona[/name_f], or [name_f]Lenora[/name_f] go better with [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]. And [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] is derived from [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] so it’s kind of strange IMO bc [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]’s middle name. You could even do [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and use a different middle for [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f].

5 Likes

My parents went to school with both Dorothys and Lisas, so I think they’d work just fine together! To me they both have a sort of preppy, vintage vibe!

1 Like

They go together

1 Like

I think they go together!

1 Like

I think they work. Both feel like they’d be considered revivals.

1 Like

Sound like they could be sisters to me :blush:

1 Like

Dorothy seems vintage chic and ready for revival, but [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] seems very dated to me.
however, I have met [name_u]Lisa[/name_u]’s young and old, and it’s a pretty and simple enough name that I think it still works, kind of like [name_f]Linda[/name_f].
I would prefer [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] with something like [name_f]Shirley[/name_f] or [name_f]Frances[/name_f], but that’s me.
Overall I do think it works :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I really like them together! They make such a sweet pair!

1 Like

Dorothy and [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] go well together in my opinion! [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (as a middle name) and [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] (as a first name) for sisters feels a bit repetitive. However, if [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] are both honor names, it seems more logical.

1 Like

Dorothy and [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] go well, but I’m not crazy about [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] in the same set.
What about [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Heloisa[/name_f]/Heloise [name_f]Claire[/name_f]?

1 Like

I do like [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] with [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]

1 Like

They are from different times but they’re both throwbacks and I think it’s kindof cute that they’re not from the exact same era. You can’t very well have [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Blanche[/name_f], and [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! :slight_smile:

1 Like

They don’t fit together stylistically for me but as long as you love them, i dont think it’s a huge deal

1 Like

These are excellent choices. I think they go together in a first & middle sense and with each other. Pretty and smart. Great choices.

1 Like