Do these names work well together for siblings?

Hypothetically speaking, do these names complement one another and make a good sibset?

[name_m]Anthony[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]

All are family names or hold some significance to my S/O and me! He doesn’t quite ~love~ [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] like I want him to, despite it being my grandma’s middle name. [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] and [name_u]Lyn[/name_u] are also family names but I’m not sure they work with [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. Thoughts?

I think they work together! If your S/O doesn’t like [name_u]Leigh[/name_u], maybe he would prefer something that ends in it? [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Ashleigh[/name_f], [name_f]Ryleigh[/name_f], or [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f] would work nicely, although they don’t fit as well with the sibset. Maybe [name_f]Lea[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], or [name_f]Lia[/name_f] would work?

To honor [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] or [name_u]Lyn[/name_u] with [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], I would use a variation like [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elena[/name_f] or [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Lynette[/name_f].

Yep, all great, traditional names!

All solid names and they work well together.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think you have to [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] an honor name for it to be the right name. The love part comes from using a name of a beloved family member or friend. Sometimes, the names themselves aren’t in our personal Top Ten, but the feeling you get when reminded of that person is irreplaceable.

Also, I think [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] is great.

The first names work beautifully together. I am not so sure about the middles but they are not bad. I think [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] and [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] don’t fit exactly. You could use [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f]/[name_f]Helena[/name_f] ([name_f]Elaine[/name_f] is a Old [name_m]French[/name_m] variant of [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]).

The names sound fine together to me! All good classics.
Speaking as a Catholic, though, I feel [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]'s a little left out since she doesn’t have a common saint with her name. Maybe [name_f]Claire[/name_f]? [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Lyn[/name_u] might sound better than [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u].
Still, if you kept it as it is, it’s perfectly fine, but that might be what’s throwing you off, giving the vibe that they’re not sibling material.

I think your sibset is amazing! The more traditional names are fabulous in my book. I also love how you are honoring your family members. I think [name_u]Lyn[/name_u] fits nicely with [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], but [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] is totally amazing with it. Maybe [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] will grow on him. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Anthony[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] <3 Love
Elizabeth Grace <3 Love
Francis James <3 Love …James Francis is equally amazing!
Caroline Leigh <3 Love Love Love!

I love this idea! [name_f]Helen[/name_f] was actually my paternal grandmother’s name! We also considered [name_f]Mae[/name_f] as a middle for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], as S/O’s mom’s middle name is [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and that’s the month of our wedding! Ryan is my S/O’s middle so it is sentimental, however I’m open to other suggestions! My brother is Jacob Thomas and we considered those but he hates his names and primarily goes by Jake so it didn’t seem very “honorary.”

Thank you!

I hadn’t even thought [name_f]Lynette[/name_f] (even though it’s my mother’s name lol)! I love that idea, too.

Thank you so much! Always appreciate the name love :slight_smile:

I think they all go together very well - solid traditional, no-nonsense names.

Tbey really are a beautiful ‘set’ pf names but more importantly are all lovely classics in their own right. Sometimes the honor names dont fit perfectly. I think [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] is fine but in deference to your DH as well as being the best choices, I really love the pps idea of using [name_f]Helena[/name_f] or [name_f]Helen[/name_f] with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] as a middle for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
I think they are the best classics I have heard together. Good luck.

Thank you so much! I also love the idea of [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]. I hadn’t thought of it originally but i think it beautifully ties together names that all represent someone important to me. I really appreciate your comments and that you love the names as much as I do!!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I was raised Catholic, and did notice this too actually. My S/O really loves Claire and suggested it, but I’m just not in love with it in the same way I love Caroline! We debated using my name (Catherine) as it is a strong, saintly name that fit with the others, but it just seemed odd to have two Catherines since I don’t use a nickname. I couldn’t get behind the idea. We did also debated Elizabeth Claire and Caroline Grace, and this is still pretty high in my list!