Do these potential sibling names sound too alike?

I am about 12 weeks pregnant with #3 and of course already starting to think about names. My 2 sons are named [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Derrick[/name_m] and [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. Apparently, I really like names with a similar sound to [name_m]Silas[/name_m], but I’m wondering if 2 of my choices sound TOO much like [name_m]Silas[/name_m].

For a girl: [name_f]Iris[/name_f]

For a boy: [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]

What do you think? Also, do they fit well with the other two boys’ names? This is by no means our final 2 choices, but I am just wondering if I should even put them on the list or not. Thanks!

I think [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] are different enough to be fine as siblings.

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f]…that one’s closer for me. I wouldn’t personally do it because I feel like it would be confusing.

What about?
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Maris[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_u]Paris[/name_u]

Personally, I find them both too similar but then I’m very sensitive to sounds. I prefer children to have their own initial as well as name ending so I wouldn’t use either name. If I had to choose, I think [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is the “least similar”. It only has the “s” ending whereas [name_f]Iris[/name_f] has that issue plus the strong “i” sound.

I find them both to be too similar. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] shares the long I sound as well as the S ending while [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] shares the entire last syllable.

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] are way too close imo because they rhyme. [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] share an ending but sound different otherwise, so I think it’s ok.

Thanks all! I so love the name [name_f]Iris[/name_f] especially, but I was saying it along with [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and I thought it sounded way too close. You all confirmed it for me. I will sadly take it off my list!

I have a cat named [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and a nephew named [name_m]Calum[/name_m], and am gestating a girl whose middle name will be [name_f]Iris[/name_f]-- all great names! However, [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] do sound incredibly similar; I wouldn’t do it. [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is slightly better, but still iffy (and I’m not really a fan.)

Here are some others that my sister and I considered, seeing as how our tastes seem similar to yours:

• [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

• [name_f]Freya[/name_f]

• [name_f]Saskia[/name_f]

• [name_f]Maya[/name_f]

• [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

• [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]

• [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

• [name_f]Jemima[/name_f]

• [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

• [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]

• [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]

• [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

• [name_u]Jude[/name_u]

• [name_m]Julian[/name_m]

• [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] (my other nephew’s name)

• [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] (I love the nn [name_m]Bowie[/name_m])

• [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]

I like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]. Cute

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] are way too close [name_f]IMO[/name_f], mainly because they are very rhyme-y (echoing what others already said). [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] work better, but I would still keep looking make sure there is nothing you love more. But then again, I don’t care for similar names on siblings. I think it’s easy to become attached to a sound you are so familiar with and that is why a lot of people like names that are quite close to the children they already have!