Do these sibling names go well together?

We really like the names [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name] for girls but we are still stuck on boys names we both like that also go well with our favorite girls’ names.

We both love [name]Raphael[/name] but can’t decide if it goes well with [name]Rosemary[/name]. I think it goes well with [name]Augusta[/name]. Would the nicknames [name]Rafe[/name] and [name]Romy[/name] be too matchy?

I absolutely love the name [name]Theodore[/name] but husband is going back and forth on that name. (I know it’s a perfect sibling name!)

What do you think of the name [name]Raphael[/name] with our girl name choices?

I agree, [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Raphael[/name] sounds cute, but it also sounds like you’re going for an R theme. [name]Augusta[/name] and [name]Raphael[/name] seem much more similar in style. However, I don’t think [name]Augusta[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], and [name]Raphael[/name] is an ideal sibling set in the same way [name]Augusta[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], and [name]Theodore[/name] is. Keep working on that one!

What about [name]Gabriel[/name]? [name]Augusta[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], and [name]Gabriel[/name]? Or [name]Nathaniel[/name] - [name]Augusta[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], and [name]Nathaniel[/name] is quite striking. Something a little more quirky like [name]Tobias[/name] or [name]Thaddeus[/name] would also work nicely…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply.

I agree the sibling set [name]Augusta[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Raphael[/name] don’t really “fit” well.

I also mentioned the sibset [name]Rafe[/name], [name]Theo[/name], [name]Augusta[/name], and [name]Helena[/name]. He likes those a lot better (but he is still iffy on [name]Theodore[/name]-it reminds him of the chipmunk).

I am not really a fan of boy names that end in that “us” sound ([name]Tobias[/name] and [name]Thaddeus[/name], for example) but my husband LOVES them which is a big reason we are having so much trouble agreeing on boy names.

I don’t dislike them per se, they just sound super pretentious on a modern child in my opinion. Maybe if I could see a picture or actually meet a sweet little boy with one of those kinds of names I would change my mind. All I can think about are ancient [name]Roman[/name] aristocrats. I don’t even know why that bothers me because there are other ancient names I love for boys like [name]Conrad[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name], so it can’t be the age of the name that bothers me. I can’t figure out what my stick up is with boy names that end with “as” or “us”.