Do these sound too alike to be sisters?

We have [name]Jules[/name], [name]Bella[/name] and [name]Mia[/name].
We are mulling over [name]Isla[/name] for the baby person I’m growing right now (find out the gender in 3 weeks).
Are [name]Juliette[/name] ([name]Jules[/name] mostly), [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] too similar?
Does it bother you that [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] all end with the ‘a’ sound?

Many thanks!

[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Tara[/name],

I’m sorry to be the one to keep commenting on your threads, but I happen to have an opinion!

As much as this might seem odd, [name]Isla[/name] is most similar to [name]LEO[/name] for me! When I say “[name]Jules[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], [name]Leo[/name], and [name]Isla[/name],” I feel 1) like I’m about out of breath, and 2) that the flow hitches right around that transition into [name]Isla[/name] from [name]Leo[/name] - does that make any sense? Also, did you notice that not only do [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Isla[/name] end in -a, but that [name]Bella[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] both end in -la? What do YOU think about that?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Yes, I did notice that with [name]Bella[/name] and [name]Isla[/name]. I feel like there are too many ‘a’ and ‘l’ sounds together. Crap! I have a feeling we’re just going to settle on a name. I want o love it, though.

Also, I still can’t get [name]Poppy[/name] out of my head. My gay brother says he dislikes [name]Poppy[/name] Wo@d…says it almost sounds like Hollywood. My hubby doesn’t really like it either. :frowning: sad, really.

I’m glad you’re commenting! I value your opinion. You help me see things more clearly, so, thank you!

[name]Tara[/name]

Yes, I did notice that with [name]Bella[/name] and [name]Isla[/name]. I feel like there are too many ‘a’ and ‘l’ sounds together. Crap! I have a feeling we’re just going to settle on a name. I want o love it, though.

Also, I still can’t get [name]Poppy[/name] out of my head. My gay brother says he dislikes [name]Poppy[/name] Wo@d…says it almost sounds like Hollywood. My hubby doesn’t really like it either. :frowning: sad, really.

I’m glad you’re commenting! I value your opinion. You help me see things more clearly, so, thank you!

[name]Tara[/name][/quote]

Oh! [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Wood[/name]. I never thought of that before…

Anyway, what is it about [name]Poppy[/name] that you are attracted to? I want you to love this name, too, because then you can tell your daughter, “Daddy and I really loved this name, and that’s why we chose it for you - because we love you so much!” Yes, what a cheesy thing to say…

Is it the sweeter-than-sugar flower power of it all? If so, [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Lilly[/name], [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Posy[/name], [name]Sanna[/name] (lily flower!), [name]Violet[/name], and [name]Zinnia[/name] might be options for you!

Or, if it is the light, soft sound that a Y name gives, you might like these: [name]Amberly[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Ellery[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Melody[/name], [name]Romilly[/name], [name]Thessaly[/name], or [name]Verity[/name].

Any?

[name]Tara[/name][/quote]

Oh! [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Wood[/name]. I never thought of that before…

Anyway, what is it about [name]Poppy[/name] that you are attracted to? I want you to love this name, too, because then you can tell your daughter, “Daddy and I really loved this name, and that’s why we chose it for you - because we love you so much!” Yes, what a cheesy thing to say…

Is it the sweeter-than-sugar flower power of it all? If so, [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Lilly[/name], [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Posy[/name], [name]Sanna[/name] (lily flower!), [name]Violet[/name], and [name]Zinnia[/name] might be options for you!

Or, if it is the light, soft sound that a Y name gives, you might like these: [name]Amberly[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Ellery[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Melody[/name], [name]Romilly[/name], [name]Thessaly[/name], or [name]Verity[/name].

Any?

[name]Lemon[/name] :-)[/quote]

I think it’s the upbeat spunkiness of [name]Poppy[/name] that I love.
It’s difficult b/c my husband and kids all weigh in on the names too and everyone has different associations and feelings.

I think I’m going to take a break for a few weeks. I’m getting jaded.

Thanks for all your help, [name]Lemon[/name]!

[name]Tara[/name]

BTW, [name]Lemon[/name]…
What did you think of [name]India[/name] withy my kids names? She would be called “[name]Indi[/name]” mostly. Too exotic? Too close in sound to [name]Mia[/name]? It’s a family name.

Other family names:
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Annie[/name]
[name]Marie[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Kathleen[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Jeannie[/name]
[name]Estella[/name]

Although I don’t love any of these :frowning:

PS-

Did you like [name]Penelope[/name] with the kid’s names? I can’t recall.
I could use [name]Poppy[/name] with that, right?

[name]Tara[/name],

Take a break! Think on it…

1. Yes, I thought [name]India[/name] was too, well, unusual with [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Leo[/name]. [name]Even[/name] if she is called [name]Indi[/name]…

2. As for your family names, you could try changing them a bit. [name]Alice[/name] could become [name]Allison[/name] or [name]Alicia[/name]. [name]Annie[/name] can be [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Annora[/name], [name]Anais[/name], or [name]Evangeline[/name]. [name]Marie[/name] can be [name]Maria[/name], [name]Marisa[/name], or [name]Maren[/name]. [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Kathleen[/name] can be [name]Katharine[/name], [name]Catalin[/name], or [name]Kaia[/name]. [name]Martha[/name] can become [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Magdalen[/name], or [name]Muriel[/name]. [name]Dorothy[/name] can be come [name]Dorothea[/name], [name]Dorinda[/name], [name]Doreen[/name], or [name]Dominique[/name]. [name]Jeannie[/name] can be [name]Jane[/name], [name]Jean[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Jeanette[/name], [name]Julianne[/name], [name]Jacqueline[/name], or [name]Jolie[/name]. [name]Estella[/name] can be [name]Estelle[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Esmeralda[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name], [name]Luna[/name], or [name]Celeste[/name].

3. Yes, I loved [name]Penelope[/name] with your kids’ names! And, [name]Poppy[/name] is a totally viable nickname option for [name]Penelope[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Tara[/name],

Take a break! Think on it…

1. Yes, I thought [name]India[/name] was too, well, unusual with [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Leo[/name]. [name]Even[/name] if she is called [name]Indi[/name]…

2. As for your family names, you could try changing them a bit. [name]Alice[/name] could become [name]Allison[/name] or [name]Alicia[/name]. [name]Annie[/name] can be [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Annora[/name], [name]Anais[/name], or [name]Evangeline[/name]. [name]Marie[/name] can be [name]Maria[/name], [name]Marisa[/name], or [name]Maren[/name]. [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Kathleen[/name] can be [name]Katharine[/name], [name]Catalin[/name], or [name]Kaia[/name]. [name]Martha[/name] can become [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Magdalen[/name], or [name]Muriel[/name]. [name]Dorothy[/name] can be come [name]Dorothea[/name], [name]Dorinda[/name], [name]Doreen[/name], or [name]Dominique[/name]. [name]Jeannie[/name] can be [name]Jane[/name], [name]Jean[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Jeanette[/name], [name]Julianne[/name], [name]Jacqueline[/name], or [name]Jolie[/name]. [name]Estella[/name] can be [name]Estelle[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Esmeralda[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name], [name]Luna[/name], or [name]Celeste[/name].

3. Yes, I loved [name]Penelope[/name] with your kids’ names! And, [name]Poppy[/name] is a totally viable nickname option for [name]Penelope[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :-)[/quote]

Hello!

I am going to take a break.
I am going to talk to hubby about [name]Penelope[/name], though.

You’ll probably hear from me again in the next few weeks.

I’m sure you need a break from ME!
You’ve been so helpful and great. I cannot thank you enough, [name]Lemon[/name].

Best-
[name]Tara[/name]

I certainly am not sick of you! I appreciate your determination to find the perfect name for your daughter-to-be! Have a good NB-break, [name]Tara[/name]!

PS I’m thinking happy [name]Penelope[/name] thoughts for you…