Do these work as girl names?

So, I’ve been trying to think of cute names for girls that are traditionally boy’s names. I stumbled on the name’s [name]Hansel[/name] and [name]Lewis[/name] and they stuck with me for some reason. When I told my partner he wasn’t sold. Friends seemed indifferent.

I am not by any means in love with these names. And so all of you out there cringing know, I have several other girl’s names I would used before these, haha. If I did end up going for a boy’s name for a daughter I would probably chose [name]Charlie[/name] or [name]Dylan[/name]. [name]Just[/name] would like some thoughts from other’s currently naming.

I love [name]Dylan[/name] for a girl! Have for a long time. The only part of it I’m not sold on is the meaning which contains ‘son’, if it wasn’t for that it would definitely be a a top favourite.

[name]Charlie[/name] is my name but it’s short for [name]Charlotte[/name] which is what I’d prefer instead of just being [name]Charlie[/name]. I’m not a fan of using nns as full names for either gender so if you love [name]Charlie[/name] I would strongly recommend [name]Charles[/name] for a boy and [name]Charlotte[/name] for a girl.

As for [name]Hansel[/name] and [name]Lewis[/name]… I’m not a fan for a girl. I adore [name]Lewis[/name] for a boy and fail to see any feminine quality about it but I suppose if I try really hard I can picture it on a girl. [name]Louise[/name] is close to [name]Lewis[/name], nn [name]Lou[/name], perhaps you’d like that? And if you found [name]Hansel[/name] in [name]Hansel[/name] and [name]Gretel[/name], did you like [name]Gretel[/name]? She was [name]Hansel[/name]'s sister in the story.

I’m like you though, I usually really like boys names for girls so here are a few other suggestions:

[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Riley[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Brett[/name]
[name]Bryce[/name]
[name]Cairo[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name]
[name]Campbell[/name]
[name]Charleston[/name] - Would give you the [name]Charlie[/name] nn
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Daryl[/name]
[name]Devon[/name]
[name]Drew[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Glenn[/name]
[name]Harley[/name]
[name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Indiana[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Jordan[/name]
[name]Keaton[/name]
[name]Keegan[/name]
[name]Kennedy[/name]
[name]Kit[/name]
[name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Loren[/name]
[name]Madigan[/name]
[name]Marley[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Murphy[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]North[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Pax[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Presley[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Reagan[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Reynold[/name]
[name]Ripley[/name]
[name]River[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Scout[/name]
[name]Skylar[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Story[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]True[/name]
[name]West[/name]
[name]Wylie[/name]

The other thing you have to think about is if you give your daughter a unisex/masculine is what kind of names you could use for any sons that would clearly define their gender against your daughter, if you get what I mean. For instance if you do call your daughter [name]Lewis[/name] and call your son, I don’t know, [name]Thomas[/name] for example, they would sound like two brothers.

[name]Hope[/name] I helped slightly:)

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I actually know a female [name]Dylan[/name] and think it is a super cute girl name. I love [name]Jason[/name] spelled [name]Jaysen[/name] for a girl nn [name]Jace[/name] paired with [name]Grace[/name] it is adorable [name]Jaysen[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. We had actually planned on using this unfortunately the name [name]Grace[/name] was the name of my Grandmother that did not care for my mom or me and my sisters ( I never knew her birth name just granny until we brought the name to my family) so now I can’t get the association out of my head but still think it a beautiful name just not for one of mine. [name]Happy[/name] name hunting and I wish you luck:)

I love [name]Dylan[/name] for a girl. I think [name]Charlie[/name] can work too.
I can’t picture [name]Hansel[/name] or [name]Lewis[/name] as girls names though.

[name]Hi[/name]

I love boys names for girls.

My best friend’s daughter is called [name]Dylann[/name] [name]Sky[/name] which is lovely, my daughter is [name]Jaime[/name] (said [name]Jaymee[/name]) [name]Kathleen[/name] and my sister’s daughter is [name]Charlee[/name] [name]Jay[/name]

I am currently pregnant with baby no 3. We have [name]Taylor[/name]-[name]Jo[/name] for a girl this time.

We also considered [name]Danni[/name], [name]Andi[/name], [name]Teddy[/name], [name]Terri[/name], [name]Toni[/name], [name]Billie[/name], [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Riley[/name], [name]Shawn[/name] and [name]Tyler[/name].

I think that they can make a girl stand out and are a way of getting something more unusual

[name]Hope[/name] you find something you love x

As a guy, I think a boy name on a girl is super sexy. [name]Charli[/name] is on my short list if we have a girl. I grew up in the 1970’s and remember the [name]Charlie[/name] perfume commercial/jingle which you can find on youtube. Funny thing that the model playing [name]Charlie[/name] in the commercial became one of [name]Charlie[/name]'s Angels!

My wife is named [name]Dana[/name] and she loves when she goes into business meetings and people are surprised she’s a woman. Of the other names mentioned I like [name]Flynn[/name] and [name]Presley[/name].

I used to love boys names on girls, but I think my taste in changing to more traditional girls names, especially since being on Nameberry for a few months. My sister teaches high school and she claims that all the girls with boys names hate their names, feel self-consious about it, and change their names or use their middles. A beautiful girl may be able to pull it off but a more homely girl would really struggle with it in my opinion.

Here are some of my favorite boys names on girls:
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Finlay[/name]
[name]Peyton[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Bryce[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Keaton[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]