Do they Clash?

I have a toddler called [name_f]Sally[/name_f] and love traditional unpopular names.

I really like the name [name_u]Stanley[/name_u] for a boy but is it too close to [name_f]Sally[/name_f]?
[name_m]Will[/name_m] she get confused with her own name with her brothers?

What’s your thoughts?

Anyone come up with any other traditional unpopular names that I could possibly love, I have trawled through name after name and other than [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] (we are scottish) ([name_f]My[/name_f] best friend just used [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] so its a no go) I can’t seem to like another name.

To me [name_f]Sally[/name_f] and [name_u]Stanley[/name_u] are too close, sorry.

Don’t be… I asked the question as needed an honest opinion as sometimes I think its a no go then I am like, maybe its nice!

I don’t think they clash, but I do think they are a bit too similar for siblings. However, you could definitely use [name_u]Stanley[/name_u] as a middle name!

I unfortunately think [name_f]Sally[/name_f] and [name_u]Stanley[/name_u] are too close. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Sally[/name_f], btw!

Sally is adorable! I do think [name_u]Stanley[/name_u] is a little too close. Maybe just [name_m]Stan[/name_m]?

I think they are a little common ! They share the same sounds , first initial and ending, however I think there is a little pull. There’s really some names that sound similar but don’t share the ending like Could you use :
[name_m]Stanford[/name_m]
[name_m]Stanton[/name_m]
[name_m]Sherwood[/name_m]
[name_m]Sherman[/name_m]
[name_m]Sherwin[/name_m]
[name_u]Sheldon[/name_u]

If your looking for something that’s just uncommon yet traditional have you considered
[name_u]Urban[/name_u]
[name_m]Fergus[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Allan[/name_m]
[name_m]Reginald[/name_m]
[name_m]Egbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Bertram[/name_m]
[name_m]Cecil[/name_m]
[name_m]Herbert[/name_m]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u]
[name_u]Timothy[/name_u]

1 Like

Sherwood is super cool and would pair wonderfully with the classic [name_f]Sally[/name_f]!

I agree with everyone else, they are a little too close.
([name_f]Sally[/name_f] is super cute :slight_smile: )
[name_u]Love[/name_u] the suggestions [name_u]Sheldon[/name_u], [name_u]Timothy[/name_u] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]!

Too similar for me, but I agree with a previous poster that you could still use [name_u]Stanley[/name_u] in the middle.

I thought of the name [name_m]Oslo[/name_m] for you, which is pretty uncommon but traditional! I do think [name_u]Stanley[/name_u] and [name_f]Sally[/name_f] are too similar, I imagine you would mix’s them up when calling names “[name_f]Sally[/name_f]— Shoot I mean [name_u]Stanley[/name_u]!” A couple of others include:

Wilbur
[name_m]Drake[/name_m]
Bartie
[name_m]Marvin[/name_m]
[name_u]Mickey[/name_u]
[name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
[name_m]Kelvin[/name_m]

I do feel they’re a bit close.

Sally and…

Wilbur
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Darwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]
[name_u]Keats[/name_u]
[name_m]Gordon[/name_m]
[name_m]Fergus[/name_m]

Oo yes I think they are too close.

Baxter
[name_m]Lester[/name_m]
[name_m]Nigel[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Larry[/name_m]
[name_u]Murray[/name_u]
[name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]Bernard[/name_m]
[name_m]Brent[/name_m]
[name_u]Ray[/name_u]

I think they’re a bit too close.

How about [name_u]Douglas[/name_u]? A [name_f]Sally[/name_f] and [name_m]Dougie[/name_m] sound lovely.

A bit too close but if it’s your favorite name, I think you could still use it.

other ideas:
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_u]Freddie[/name_u]/Freddy
[name_u]Francis[/name_u] nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]/Frank
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Dougal[/name_m]
[name_m]Fergus[/name_m]
[name_u]Amos[/name_u]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m]
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Clyde[/name_m]
[name_m]Grover[/name_m]
[name_m]Edgar[/name_m]

It can happen with any names. [name_f]My[/name_f] mother did it, I did it, Sisters did it. We would go through all the names until we got the right one. I have even heard of pets getting the same treatment.

I personally think they sound nice together.

I do agree with most that they sound a bit too similar. Bit of a tongue twister trying to say them together.

Too close. [name_m]Stanton[/name_m]?