Do they go together?

I’m expecting multiples at the end of the summer. Our main focus from the very beginning has been to make sure we love all three names equally and didn’t just pick one because it goes with the others. We are almost completely set on using [name]Beatrice[/name] for one of the girls (my great grandmother’s name and mom’s middle). Lately I’ve been really loving [name]Rose[/name] as a first name (not as a middle). Before I let myself completely fall in love with it, I would like to know how it sounds with [name]Beatrice[/name]. [name]Do[/name] they feel like they’re from the same age/era/style/taste? Does it sound weird that one is so short and simple and the other is longer and more elaborate? I don’t want them to match, but I do want them to feel cohesive together, and not have one overpower the other. I would love some thoughts!

What about [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Rosaline[/name], [name]Rosalyn[/name], or [name]Rosalind[/name]?

I think [name]Bea[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] are two VERY cute names for sibs!!! Congrats!

Great idea! Also [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Rosamond[/name].

Oooh! I love [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] together. Yes, [name]Rose[/name] is shorter than [name]Beatrice[/name], but its elegance more than compensates for any syllabic issues. :slight_smile: [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] is a lovely combo! :slight_smile: (I’d personally just stick with [name]Rose[/name]!)

Thank you for the comments. I think you confirmed what I was a bit afraid of : the fact that one is so much shorter than the other and it might not be the greatest combination. Usually I like for twin names to be distinct, but have roughly the same number of syllables. However in this case, there’s no longer version of [name]Rose[/name] that I like better than [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though I usually like longer names, what draws me to [name]Rose[/name] is the simple elegance. I just love it as is. [name]Do[/name] you think that since it’s such a classic, it holds up to [name]Beatrice[/name] without fading in the background?
I love both names so much, I just can’t figure out how big a problem the length difference is

I think [name]Rose[/name] absolutely holds up to [name]Beatrice[/name]! I actually like that the difference in length, it makes them more distinct, which will serve them well as triplets. They certainly sound like they belong together, and in my opinion [name]Rose[/name] goes much better with [name]Beatrice[/name] than any of the [name]Rose[/name] variants.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Sophia[/name]. I think you and I were typing at roughly the same time, and you may have missed my post. It’s right above yours, and like [name]Lyndsay[/name], I absolutely, 100% think that [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] are lovely together. Yes, [name]Rose[/name] is shorter, but its elegance and appeal more than make up for any syllabic issues. :slight_smile: [name]Rose[/name] has such presence and class, and in my book, outshines or equals most names, regardless of length.

I must be on another planet, because I totally missed the news that you’re carrying triplets! [name]How[/name] exciting! :slight_smile: Three beautiful names for three beautiful babies!

I think that [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] go beautifully togeather! They are both old fashioned and sweet - & Congrads!

maybe rose could have an ornate middle name and beatrice a simple one?
i.e [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Lee[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] [name]Verity[/name]?

[name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] definitely go together. They’re beautiful, both individually and as a combo. Congrats!