Do they work together as brothers?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries,

We have a son [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], and we have always had a lot of trouble with boys names! For a second son, our options are very slim. [name_f]My[/name_f] question is
Is [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] too much to go with a brother [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]?
Could you potentially use [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] as a brother to [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]? Is the Th too much a second time?

And what do you think of these options in general?

Thanks so much!

I don’t think [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is too much with [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]. You might consider the [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] spelling if you want something a little slimmer. Either way, I really like the two together!

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] would also work with [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], but it might look a little off if you have future children who don’t have ‘Th’ names… [name_m]Just[/name_m] something to consider.

1 Like

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is gorgeous and it works just fine with [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] sound nice together too. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] are magnificent names for [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]’ little brother. Not too much at all! I love all these names together.

Both are wonderful options! I personally think that [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] would be precious as a little brother to [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]!

I love both options! I think both [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] & [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] make such sweet, handsome brothers.
I agree with @elanorelle about future children though, so that’s something to keep in mind!
I think you should use whichever name you love more, because both are great!

I think [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] would be great as brothers! Seen as though the ‘th’ is pronounced differently, I don’t think it would be too much of an issue. I agree with @elanorelle though about future children.

I wouldn’t say [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is too much with [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], just different in style.

I like both as brothers for [name_m]Thomas[/name_m].

[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] feel like the ultimate cool classic brothers. The repeated Th- is fine, especially since they have different sounds.

[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is a gorgeous and unexpected pairing. Does [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] get shortened at all? [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] might feel different in style, but [name_m]Tom[/name_m]/[name_m]Tommy[/name_m] and [name_m]Raff[/name_m]/[name_m]Raffy[/name_m] feel like natural brothers.

Have you considered [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]? [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] would make a great brother set. They sound cheeky, energetic and full of fun!

I think both options work well

Both of your choices are very nice. I think perhaps [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] jives a bit better with [name_m]Thomas[/name_m].

They are both gorgeous names. Wait till he’s born and see what resonates. You can’t go wrong!

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] are perfect together - I can’t see what would be wrong with them.

I think either [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] would go well.