Do threads ever disappear?

I was just wondering if threads ever disappear/get automatically deleted from Nameberry. I make new threads sometimes, but it kind of feels like I am polluting the forums with stuff that will not be used for long. If anybody knows, please tell, and also, how often do you create new threads?

Threads do not disappear. You’re not polluting the forums, you’re doing exactly what they’re here for (unless it’s a spam account, then yeah they’re polluting the forums). I create threads as often as I feel I need them, the amount is always fluctuating and is different for everyone. Please don’t feel bad about making new threads, we all love responding to them! :sparkles::blush:

3 Likes

Yep, topics don’t disappear (unless deleted or hidden due to spam flags) and there are no rules about how many you can post!

If they’re not in use for long, they’ll naturally sink down the listings to make way for newer, more active content. No pollution.

But the great thing about it is that your post will still be there for people to stumble across — people who might be too shy to post or might have the exact same question, who can still benefit from your question and the community’s always excellent responses :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Related to this. Some days I seem to create more threads than others and since I am not in any way close to having a baby at the moment, it’s more for discussion. I respond to other people’s threads of course but I sometimes worry creating too many new threads distracts from others who have more urgent needs. Are there any guidelines on how many threads a day is too many, or… ? Am I over worrying again? :smile:

1 Like

@Hypatia_Hellene

In the nicest possible way, you’re overthinking it :wink:

We’re all here because we love talking about names. I’m not having any more children, and I would say the majority of regular posters at any one time aren’t currently expecting either.

A good thing I’ve noticed about this new platform is that all new topics have been getting more responses on average than on the old platform. I think it’s due to the fact that you can see many more current/trending/latest topics at first glance, and there are also more tools to react and feed back with. I really wouldn’t worry about “stealing” attention from anyone else; if anything, your activity (and everyone else’s, it’s a cumulative thing) is helping to keep this community buzzing and getting more people talking and interacting on all topics.

If you’re worried, you could make a personal rule to always try to respond to two or three topics for every one you create, but there’s no requirement to do so and I’m sure you (more than) do this already, quite naturally.

3 Likes

@katinka thank you for the reassurance and clarification. First new rule is to worry less :slight_smile:

2 Likes