Do you all stick to a “theme” for siblings?

Hello!

We are currently drawing a blank for baby #2.
I don’t want to have one sibling with a name that doesn’t seem to “flow” with the other.

Our first is named [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_u]David[/name_u].
Would you all recommend sticking to maybe word names, Italian names (Rome, Italy) or just ones you love?

Some names we are loving right now:
[name_f]Brielle[/name_f]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Capri[/name_f]
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f]
[name_f]Alaina[/name_f]

If you all can recommend which pairs nicely / middle names suggestions to these names or just any other names that you all recommend. We greatly appreciate your help! :heart:

Sienna also has connections to Italy and if you and ur partner like it then I think you should go for it

If u like sienna I’ll recommend [name_f]Sedona[/name_f]. I love that name.
[name_f]My[/name_f] fave with [name_m]Roman[/name_m] is [name_f]Capri[/name_f]. I think that’s so cute together

I love [name_f]Capri[/name_f] with [name_m]Roman[/name_m]. Adorable. :blush:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] ones you love! I think a lot of names and styles would go well with [name_m]Roman[/name_m]. [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] or [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] get my vote!

I think it is possible to have too much of a theme - hence I wouldn’t use [name_f]Capri[/name_f] (much as I like the name) or [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] with [name_m]Roman[/name_m]. However I do like it when names of siblings just feel right together, and especially when they feel right and are unexpected! I tend to think that the most likely way to get this is when families just choose the names they love best!

From your list I would pick [name_u]Hazel[/name_u], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] or [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] as my favourites for Roman’s sister.

Other ideas:
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Alba[/name_f]

The ones you love :heart:
I like [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_u]David[/name_u] & [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] the best. [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] sounds so bright and cheerful, especially next to [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_u]David[/name_u]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the vibes. [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] is my second pick. For a middle what about [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]?

I think Roman goes with all of those! I like the idea of just using names you love, not trying to be too matchy. If a match happens just because you love both names, I think that’s enough!

Roman and Hazel sound amazing to me. :relaxed:

I would personally avoid using [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] or [name_f]Capri[/name_f] with [name_m]Roman[/name_m] as it’s too themey, as @Araminty said. [name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] - it’s perfect with [name_m]Roman[/name_m]! I also love [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Edith[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] with [name_m]Roman[/name_m].