Do you budge? Or compromise?

Ok here is the thing. If you have your heart set on a name and your partner wouldnt let you have your choice of name for your previous two kids, would you refuse to budge this time lol? ( For a third in the future)
I’ve always loved [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] and my partner hasn’t. So I’ve had to scrap that. Really love [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] with the NN [name_m]Lawrie[/name_m] and he just doesn’t like it. He prefers [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. Whilst I do really like [name_u]Noah[/name_u] I’m finding it hard to let go of [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] and I don’t see why I should have to compromise again on a name… Should I stick to my guns and say any future boy is [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]! Or should I go with safe [name_u]Noah[/name_u]…

Our other boys names are [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Theo[/name_u]. Does [name_u]Noah[/name_u] sound better? I just love [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] so much! :frowning:

Oh we happen to agree on a girl’s name thank goodness!

1 Like

With the names you already have I prefer [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] which is intriguing because I prefer [name_u]Noah[/name_u] in general.

3 Likes

I switched this to the baby names forum since it is about names.

2 Likes

So you’re saying don’t budge then :rofl:

1 Like

I 100% agree! [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] sounds great with your other kiddos names! I do love [name_u]Noah[/name_u] though…

2 Likes

Oops sorry! Makes sense.

I think [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] goes well with your sibling set, maybe you can compromise on a nickname that way he’ll be more likely to get use to it and not have to despise Lawerences much!

It’s not so much he doesn’t like it . He is a bit indifferent but he chose our other boys names and I feel like it’s a bit unfair and I think he could grow to love it. But I do take your point

2 Likes

It’s all good! :blush:

1 Like

If he doesn’t like it, you need to let it go. It sucks, but both parents should be on board with the name in my opinion. [name_f]My[/name_f] hubby vetoed pretty much my entire list, but that’s kinda how it goes. Until you find something that you can both get behind :blush:

1 Like

He doesn’t truly hate it I think he just has his heart set on [name_u]Noah[/name_u] he actually doesn’t mind [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] I’ve just got to move the name [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] up one and it’s all good then :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I don’t wish to sound sexist but we make a huge sacrifice especially our bodies and so I feel it’s fair that I get [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] in all honesty. I do like [name_u]Noah[/name_u] but it’s just not got the same attraction for me as [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] has. They are both solid names but when you have a name in your head it’s all you think about isn’t it.

3 Likes

I’ll work some magic lol

1 Like

I think when you’re naming a baby together, there always has to be willingness to compromise. BUT that applies to him too! If you’re not wild about [name_u]Noah[/name_u], that’s no less valid than his being crazy about [name_u]Noah[/name_u].

Have you pointed this out to him? This whole naming thing can’t just work one way.

FWIW, I acutally think that [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] [name_u]Noah[/name_u] would be just the most perfect combination for a brother to [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Theo[/name_u] :heart_eyes: [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] “[name_m]Lawrie[/name_m]” is lovely too, but [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] is just gorgeous. Is your husband more or less keen on [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] than [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]?

Are there any other names either of you like, or even that you both like, that aren’t part of the current stand-off?

6 Likes

Lawrence fits better with your boys’ names. I really like [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] [name_u]Noah[/name_u], if you don’t already have a mn.

1 Like

For a third son I would personally fight for it :joy:
He could pick the middle name he likes. If it was your first child or first child of a different gender then I could understand compromising more.
But at this point I think you should get to use your favorite unless he just absolutely can’t stand it. That’s different than it just not being his favorite.

Lawrence goes great with your other boys. And I love [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]!

2 Likes

I reallllllly love [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] and I think [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] does sound perfect with our other boys names you are right. I originally wanted [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] lol! [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] is so handsome and my son’s are both so fair and green and blue eyed they were my cherrubs and still are and I think of a blonde blue eyed baby [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:Unfortunately, I can’t convince him on [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] ( I might try again though lol) but I do think I can convince him with [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u].
We have pretty much used up the boys names we liked hahah.
I know my eldest doesn’t like the name [name_u]Noah[/name_u] so I think that could be the ace up my sleeve :rofl: gosh I’m terrible.

1 Like

Hahah perfect response. I will I will!

1 Like

You don’t need that though. YOU don’t want to call your baby [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. That is enough. (I know you were half-joking :wink:)

4 Likes

Haha. Yes most certainly. All of this boy naming dilemma will be resolved given if we have a girl hah.

1 Like