Do you ever feel like you've looked at TOO MANY names?

Lately, I feel like I’ve looked at every name out there and I’m just tired of them all (this is probably the pregnancy hormones kicking in or something). Maybe I spend too much time on Nameberry? :? [name]Do[/name] you ever feel like that? LIke you’ve seen every name suggested over and over again and nothing stands out anymore?

I feel like I can’t imagine loving another name like our DD’s name, [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]. Someone posted a comment on here about one of our choices saying if they were [name]Juliette[/name]'s sister, they’d be jealous of [name]Juliette[/name]'s name, so now I keep thinking about that when I consider names. Would this name make baby #2 jealous of [name]Juliette[/name]'s name?

These are the ones I’ve come up with (but the middle names aren’t set):

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Adele[/name] (we’d call her “[name]Bea[/name]” pronounced bay-uh)
[name]Freida[/name] (middle name ideas?)
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Clare[/name]
[name]Viveka[/name] (middle name ideas?)
[name]Itzel[/name] [name]Rosalinda[/name]

I’m open to any new ideas or suggestions!

Ugh, yes, I feel like that all the time. I have long lists of names I love, but like you said nothing really stands out. It’s definitely because I spend so much time thinking and obsessing over it (and lots of time on Nameberry lol). And I’m obviously not pregnant so it’s not just pregnancy hormones, haha. I’m tired of thinking about names, but at the same time I feel compelled to, as if the fate of the universe depends on what my daughter’s middle names will be. Hmm, from your list I’m really loving [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Clare[/name]! I think it sounds really nice with [name]Juliette[/name]. And I don’t think either of them would feel left out because of their name!

By the way, my daughter (due in [name]January[/name] with her twin [name]Benjamin[/name]) will be named [name]Juliet[/name] as well! I’m so excited about her name! :smiley:

[name]How[/name] did you choose your daughter’s name? Can you use a similar process for narrowing down the options? Of your ideas above I really like [name]Beatrix[/name] & [name]Adele[/name] & [name]Rosalinda[/name] (although I prefer the simpler [name]Rosalind[/name]).
Some variations on your list,
[name]Amity[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Tatiana[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Violetta[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Freya[/name] [name]Eugenie[/name]
[name]Nicola[/name] [name]Helene[/name]

Oh my goodness! If my name was [name]Beatrix[/name] or [name]Freya[/name] I’d be SOOOOO jealous of [name]Juliette[/name]! Those names are so harsh, even manly to me. Also, [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Eloise[/name] is pretty and cute, but if you plan on using her full name, it has the “scare” sound in there almost. But I do like [name]Eloise[/name]. However, [name]Viveka[/name], (I’d use the normal spelling of [name]Viveca[/name]) would be GREAT with [name]Juliette[/name]! Who knows who would be jealous of which name then! Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name],

I love your DD’s Name, [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]. It’s gorgeous. I hear what you are saying about #1 picking a name that “lives up to” your first child’s name, and overthinking your name choice to the point that nothing looks good anymore! this is my third pregnancy and I have gone through that [name]EVERY[/name] time!

My first DD, (whose name I [name]LOVE[/name] of course) is [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elise[/name]. When she was born we went into the hospital thinking if [name]Claire[/name] did not suit her we would switch it to [name]Elise[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. I only mention this so that you can see where my tastes lie.

That being said, from your list I honestly think the best choice is [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Clare[/name]. (I prefer it with the “i”, but [name]Clare[/name] is a legitimate spelling, so to each her own).

[name]Just[/name] as an aside, I was strongly considering [name]Juliet[/name] for my #3 (in case you were wondering, #2 is [name]Sophie[/name]) but i wasn’t able to convince DH because our last name starts with a J. :stuck_out_tongue: I preferred the “et” spelling for the [name]Shakespeare[/name] reference and because my other 2 DDs have 6 letters. but the “ette” spelling is more French, and both my DDs have French names.

I hope this post helps you a bit, I think sometimes you just get to the point where you can’t even judge anymore because like you said you’ve seen the names so much, and overthought it so much, and you might just need some validation!

Good luck!

[name]Steph[/name]

Aw, [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Clare[/name]! It’s absolutely gorgeous. It goes great with [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] with a French-ish sort of class, but not over-the-top pretentious. I don’t really love any of your other choices, but [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Clare[/name] is amazing!

Thanks for the responses everyone. I’ve kind of tabled the name discussion with DH (who’s totally a fan of [name]Beatrix[/name]). Since then, I’ve fallen in love with [name]Adele[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], and am hoping to get him on board. He already officially vetoed [name]Adela[/name] because of some Mexican celebrity (he’s always pulling out random famous people – often Mexican so I’ve never heard of them – to use to veto my choices). But I know he loves [name]Sophia[/name], so I’m hoping that will help.

I like [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Claire[/name] a lot, but I’m worried that [name]Eloise[/name] sounds so old-lady-ish (which is funny, I know, because I think some people feel the same way about [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Adele[/name]). We also have a book of [name]Eloise[/name] Wilkins stories for DD, and her picture is in the back, and it is definitely old-fashioned! :smiley:

I’m excited someone else like [name]Viveka[/name]. That was a new discovery. DH didn’t totally veto it the other day when I brought it up, so we’ll see. I don’t like it as much as [name]Adele[/name] right now. We also liked the name [name]Vesper[/name] a while back, but were afraid it was in way too different a league from [name]Juliette[/name] (and again, the jealousy thing among sisters).

Like I said in my subject, I think I’ve looked at TOO MANY names!!! :slight_smile: