Do you have intuition?

So… I’m a little scared to post this because I think you’re all going to think I’m crazy. I promise that I’m not!

So when I was in high school I had a split-second vision of what my baby would look like. And I knew it was a boy with light hair and fair skin. And now that my first child turned out to be a boy who looks like that vision I had, I’m shocked that I was right way back then!

Now, I have another vision of a girl with slightly wavy, auburn hair and big blue eyes. That imagine is crazy vivid, if I could draw, I would be able to draw a picture of her. I also have an image of a girl with straight brown hair, a boy with dark brown curlyish hair, and a boy with very blonde hair. There is also a muddy image of a baby girl, but I can’t tell what she looks like.

I saw a painting of a little blonde boy and my VERY first thought was “Aw, that looks like [name]Finn[/name]”. Isn’t that weird? It was very strange when I realized that, um, [name]Finn[/name] doesn’t exist yet so how can I know that looks like him?

So, basically my question is, do you do this? Am I just being a “girly girl” like my husband says? I have always imagined my future children like I know everybody does, but this feels different. It’s like I know for sure that these are my kids, I know what their names are and I have an idea of their personalities, even. It feels like a psychic sort of thing, but I’ve never had any psychic experiences before (unless that image of the baby in high school counts).

What do you think? Am I just going crazy for some reason? Could I be right? Has the same sort of thing happened to you?

You know the saying- mother’s intuition? Well, that 'splains things.

I’m the same way and in fact have drawn pictures of-

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Capri[/name] Chilali (shuh-lay-lee)
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Eulalia[/name]
Tigerlilly [name]Annika[/name] [name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Elaney[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Mercy[/name] ([name]El[/name]-uh-nee)
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Willard[/name] [name]Elias[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Dominic[/name] Amadues
[name]Maisie[/name] [name]Mirielle[/name] Lively
[name]Carston[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] [name]Noam[/name]
[name]Marion[/name] [name]Tessia[/name] [name]Paisley[/name]

I have more names then that, but the image isn’t there. I believe in God, and believe He gives us these glimpses as a sign of His love and plans to give us “[name]Hope[/name] and a future,” through “Mother’s Intuition.” If we can KNOW we are having a girl or boy before the ultrasound/birth, then it’s not so far-fetched to believe we can know the children we will mother before they are conceived, afterall, God already knows them.

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3

[name]Bella[/name], I completely love what you said! What a great way to think of it! I hope you are right, that totally makes sense to me. You seriously made me feel a lot better and less crazy!

I am 4 mos pregnant with my first baby. All I keep seeing is a little girls face…I can’t seem to picture a little boy even if I try. I’ll be shocked if it’s not a girl, I’ll find out in a few weeks :slight_smile:

Jamiesk- I’m sure you’re right about having a girl! Make sure you let us know!

Wonderful darling! I’m only here to help! :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] to make you feel really less crazy- [name]Gwen[/name] and [name]Carston[/name] are red heads, [name]Gwen[/name] has green eyes, [name]Carston[/name] my blue eyes. Tigerlilly and [name]Evangeline[/name] are twins, as well as [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name]. Now you have to feel completely average! :slight_smile:

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name]<3

Well, I too have “visions” of what I would imagine my future children to look like… But I guess I base it more off of genetics (yes, my logical side and non-creativeness is showing).
For example, since I have brown hair and brown eyes and so do my parents (as well as my dad’s parents, mom was adopted), I can assume all of my kids will have brown hair and brown eyes - no matter who I marry. I often have “images” of what my future children might look like, but it’s always brown hair and eyes… Sometimes I get crazy and imagine blue eyes, and wonder if maybe I’m carrying some unknown blue eyed gene from my mom’s family. Lol

So, yeah, I guess I get visions. But I think that we choose a name and imagine a face and personality around them - like authors do.
Sorry to get all technical and science-y, but that’s what happens to me. I even apply genetics when I’m writing a story lol.

By the way, what color hair and eyes do you and your husband have? That could help specify your vision of your children. (Also take into account your parents’ hair and eye colors, if you want to be really specific lol)

I always thought I would have a little girl with curly medium-length hair, sort of like [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Kennedy[/name] when she was little. ([name]Don[/name]'t ask me why I thought I would, I could just picture her!)
And guess what…my husband and I have a little girl (age 8) with curly, dark-blond medium-length hair! [name]Emily[/name] definitely turned out to look like [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Kennedy[/name] as a child.
It must be mother’s intuition, as a pp said!

Yes… but not in the same way as you, OP…

Before I got pregnant with each of my 2 boys, I could “feel their spirit” hanging around me… waiting for any little “happy accidents”, lol. [name]Both[/name] times, as soon as I found out I was PG, I knew their first names instantly… which is probably why I’ve always struggled finding a girl name I totally adore, because I have 2 boys.

Anyway… I think I would call that intuition :slight_smile:

When my dr. first said the words “your pregnant” My mind showed a picture of a cubby baby girl w/ brown hair and eyes to match. (im 30 weeks preggers) :smiley: Sounds kooky but intuition exists.

And that same night when i first found out I invisioned a boy That looked like my husband. [name]Orange[/name] hair straight and hazel round eyes.