Do you know a little girl named Lark?

I’m so in love with the name [name_f]Lark[/name_f] for my third little girl. <3 My other daughters are Elowen and Indie. I LOVE nature names and anything boho, including vintage names.

Lark Louisa/ Larke Louisa is what I’m dreaming of. (Louisa is for family reasons and meaning)

Anyways, I am curious of what the reactions were to the name Lark? I know it won’t be every ones cup of tea, but I find it so lovely and full of unexpected whimsy.

Anyone have any thoughts? Did you or someone you know name their daughter Lark?

I’ve never known one, but I think it’s a lovely name! I do prefer the [name_f]Lark[/name_f] spelling.

I love [name_f]Lark[/name_f] also [name_u]Larkin[/name_u]. I’ve never met anyone with either name but I would love to!

I think it’s really sweet! Has the same feel as a name like [name_u]Wren[/name_u], but less popular (which to me - is a good thing!) I don’t know of any, but I feel like it’s totally usable. I definitely prefer the [name_f]Lark[/name_f] spelling over Larke.

I’ve never met a [name_f]Lark[/name_f]. I love the name though!

Never met or even heard of a real life [name_f]Lark[/name_f]. I really like it! Sweet but punchy and lively.

I think it’s lovely with your other kid’s names! I would definitely go with the [name_f]Lark[/name_f] spelling, no E.

Never thought of [name_f]Lark[/name_f] before, but I love it!

I love [name_f]Lark[/name_f], especially with your other daughters! I like the alliteration of [name_f]Lark[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] as well. I personally don’t know of any little Larks.

I love [name_f]Lark[/name_f] so much and it has been on and off of my list for years! I’ve known several people with [name_f]Lark[/name_f] in the middle spot, but it would be so refreshing to see it as a first name.

I dont know any Larks but i would love to meet one! Such a refreshing choice, and i absolutely adore alliteration in combos. [name_f]Lark[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is fab.

Forgot to mention for awhile I was considering naming a daughter (I’m not having one, but if I did) [name_f]Louise[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f], so of course I love [name_f]Lark[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]!

Thanks for your feedback! I was hoping a mom of a [name_f]Lark[/name_f] would give me her experience but apparently it’s too rare to get that response ”*♀”

I love it but get nervous about people’s response and how she will like it as she ages. She might not be a modern day hippie like her mama lol! ”

But I love the positive responses thus far! ”

I don’t know any [name_f]Lark[/name_f]'s, but I think it’s usable and goes beautifully with [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] & [name_f]Indie[/name_f]. I waaaay prefer [name_f]Lark[/name_f] to Larke.

I knew a lark growing up, he was a boy though. Nice guy and no one thought it was an odd name.

I like [name_f]Lark[/name_f]/Larke. I don’t know any, but that makes even better. Most of us won’t have any preconceived ideas about what she will be.

Its nice that you would pair it with [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. That’s such a classic name. She could go by L. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] X professionally is she is less hippie.

I think Iike the Larke spelling a tad bit more.

I like [name_f]Lark[/name_f]/Larke. I don’t know any, but that makes even better. Most of us won’t have any preconceived ideas about what she will be.

Its nice that you would pair it with [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. That’s such a classic name. She could go by L. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] X professionally is she is less hippie.

I think Iike the Larke spelling a tad bit more.

I think [name_f]Lark[/name_f] is very sweet & cheerful…I don’t know any personally, but would have a positive impression of the name. Pairing it w/[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] works well to my ear, & as others have mentioned, if she prefers a “classic” name for professional use in 25 years [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is great for that. I prefer [name_f]Lark[/name_f] w/no e, just like the bird. :slight_smile:

I really love [name_f]Lark[/name_f]! It’s so sweet, evocative, and unique. It’s perfect with your sibset. I’ve never met a [name_f]Lark[/name_f], but I’d love to.

[name_f]Lark[/name_f] seem so sweet and light without being too juivenile and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] compliments it so well. I also think it fits beautifully with your daughters’ names. Like most the other responses, I prefer [name_f]Lark[/name_f] without the e. I have also never met one in real life, but I do know a [name_u]Larkin[/name_u] and have never thought of it as odd. While an actual noun, it also sounds like a legitimate name to me probably bc it rhymes/shares a common sound with [name_m]Clark[/name_m], [name_m]Mark[/name_m], and other more common names.