Do you like it?

I don’t like [name_u]Gentry[/name_u], but [name_u]Blair[/name_u] is really nice. What about [name_u]Landry[/name_u] [name_u]Blair[/name_u], [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] [name_u]Blair[/name_u], or [name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]?

I don’t really like it. [name_u]Gentry[/name_u] just sounds like gentle or gentleman. Not to discourage you, but [name_u]Blair[/name_u] is a unisex name too. If it’s really what you love, go for it!

1 Like

Oh wow! I love the middle name [name_u]Blair[/name_u], it’s a really cool choice.

Congrats on your pregnancy! :slight_smile:

I quiet like the combination, but I don’t find [name_u]Blair[/name_u] to be overly girly / feminine. The combination is very unisex-masculine weighted to me. I think a softer feminine middle would balance it out better… such a [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], etc.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Genevra[/name_f] or [name_f]Geneva[/name_f]?
Or [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]?

I really like [name_u]June[/name_u]—maybe even as a first? [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] sounds lovely to me.

I wonder if you’d like [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]? It’s sort of [name_u]June[/name_u]+[name_f]Ivy[/name_f], but more rare than either.

Like others I don’t think [name_u]Gentry[/name_u] is useable, it’s far too culturally loaded as [name_f]Katinka[/name_f] said. And I’d also say [name_u]Blair[/name_u] is gender neutral, if not more weighted toward males. Is [name_u]June[/name_u] as her first name possible? It’s such a gorgeous name, sophisticated yet rough and tumble at the same time. In terms of unisex names, how about [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] or [name_u]Hadley[/name_u]? I’m generally not a massive fan of unisex names but there are a few I like and [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] and [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] are two of them. They both have a literary vibe to me - [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] because of [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] and [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] because of a book called The [name_u]Paris[/name_u] Wife, which is about [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] [name_m]Hemingway[/name_m]’s first wife [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] [name_m]Richardson[/name_m].

1 Like

[name_u]Gentry[/name_u] is defined as ‘people of good social position, specifically (in the UK) the class of people next below the nobility in position and birth’. It’s a snobby, classist word - not a name.

I love the middle name [name_u]Blair[/name_u], though! I think it goes with almost anything, but it isn’t overused like [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f] etc.

[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] could work. I also like [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]. [name_f]Juno[/name_f] is the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] of the Gods in [name_m]Roman[/name_m] Mythology.

There was a girl named [name_u]Gentry[/name_u] on my 13yo sister’s soccer team last year so I actually think it can work in real life. I will agree with others though that it’s not my favorite, although she pulled it off really well.

Going to second [name_f]Katinka[/name_f]’s suggestion of [name_u]Autry[/name_u]. I think it’s such a wonderful name and feels perfect for you!

I’m not personally a fan, as others have said, it sounds classist. It’s unusual too, but I have met one in real life, who I went to school with. She was unkind to me, however - acted like a bullying stuck-up cow quite frankly! - which doesn’t exactly endear me to the name! I think she may have grown into a kind adult? And also changed her name.

If you’re really in love with the name go for it though. Like _thelittlefairywren though I don’t find [name_u]Blair[/name_u] feminine at all, in fact I think of it as more masculine than unisex, so if you’re looking for a feminine middle to pair it with then maybe [name_u]Blair[/name_u]’s not the one?

I like [name_u]Blair[/name_u] but [name_u]Gentry[/name_u] has negative connotations for me.

I love [name_u]Blair[/name_u]!! Howvere I went to school with a couple (all boys) so wouldn’t say it’s very feminine - more unisex but leaning towards masculine, for me anyway.
I have to say, I am not keen on [name_u]Gentry[/name_u]. It is definitely culturally loaded so doesn’t scream a nice girly name to me. If you truly love it tho, go for it.