Do you like the girls name Wren? Yes or No?

See the results of this poll: Do you like the girls name Wren?

Respondents: 80 (This poll is closed)

• Yes : 62 (78%)
  • No: 18 (23%)

I am neutral on this name as a first name. I certainly don’t think it’s awful or would be hard to wear; it’s just not one of my many personal favorites. I really like it as a middle name or as a creative nickname for [name_f]Catherine[/name_f].

I really like the name [name_u]Wren[/name_u], yes, for a girl, or a boy. It’s a lovely, sweet little name, with a nice bit of pep and a lovely nature-y feel to it.

I really like [name_u]Wren[/name_u]! If it wasn’t so similar to my mum’s name ([name_f]Karen[/name_f]) it’d be on my list for sure.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]! It’s soft and sweet but not overly dainty or cutesy.

[name_u]Wren[/name_u] is pretty bada-- It’s not cutesy or frilly and I really prefer that in a girl’s name.

Amongst the sea of Isabellas and Olivias it stands out nicely.

I like [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. It’s a bit short for my taste, but I love the nature feel, it’s cute, but not too childish, feminine without being frilly. I’d love to hear it used more

I’m not a fan. It’s all bird to me and I don’t like the short closed sound. It’s rather popular on this website though.

Iam neutral about it as a standalone. It would be an awesome nickname though.
I dont think its awful though. It would be very nice to meet a little [name_u]Wren[/name_u].

I find it highly overrated.

I’m in the minority, but I cringe when I see it.

There was a long stretch for a few years where if you asked for suggestions on Nameberry, [name_u]Wren[/name_u] was always included, whether it was your style or not, so much so that it became a Nameberry meme LOL.

[name_u]Wren[/name_u] gives lovely imagery. I can only think positively about this name :slight_smile:

I love [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. It’s on my own list if we were to have another girl.

I think it looks cooler than it sounds. Would [name_u]Ren[/name_u] be as nice of a name? It’s just very short and plain. Nothing terrible about it, but not my style I guess. It seems very trendy - like in a few years you would be able to guess her general year of birth.

I think it’s gorgeous. Cute but sleek and light. For personal reasons, I wouldn’t use it, but I would definitely love to hear it on others.

Personally I think it’s a perfectly fine name, it is not a name that I would use myself as a first as there are other names I like more but I would consider it as a middle.

Neutral for my own personal use (but my husband loves it as well), though I think I’d be excited to see it on someone else. It’s a good name, just not something I’m crazy about.

No, [name_u]Wren[/name_u] sounds like a creature the main characters in an action movie band together to slay and defeat.

Much prefer [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] or [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] or [name_u]Glenn[/name_u] (yes, even for a girl)

Sorry, folks, but I don’t like it at all.

I despise it and its popularity on this website.