Do you like the name Sybil or Verity best for a girl?

I am choosing between the names [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] and [name_f]Verity[/name_f] for a first name for a girl. Which do you prefer?

[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]. Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u] made this name appetizing for me. [name_f]Verity[/name_f] reminds me of a telecommunications company.

I prefer [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]. For some reason [name_f]Verity[/name_f] doesn’t sound quite right to me as a name.

[name_f]Verity[/name_f] :slight_smile: I don’t like [name_f]Sybil[/name_f], if I’m honest.

Hmm both are cute. I like the vintage elegance of [name_f]Sybil[/name_f], but [name_f]Verity[/name_f] feels sweet and fresh. I think i’ll vote for [name_f]Verity[/name_f], but really it would depend on the last name and middle name.

I like [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] best, but that is through the lens of Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u]. I never understood the appeal of the name before. [name_f]Verity[/name_f] is nice as well.

ooooooooh, tough call. [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] is growing on me but [name_f]Verity[/name_f] gets my vote.

[name_f]Verity[/name_f]. [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] looks granny-ish to me, but spelled with a C- it could work.

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Verity[/name_f]!

Neither are my style, but [name_f]Verity[/name_f] sounds more feminine.

Like both but i think if i brave i would chose [name_f]Sybil[/name_f].

[name_f]Verity[/name_f]! It’s beautiful. [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] has never been my cup of tea.

I adore both names. You have good taste!:slight_smile:
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] is more spunky and nonconformist- [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] to me is a bit ethereal but still grounded.
I think it just depends on the last/ middle names.

[name_f]Sybil[/name_f], she’s soft and full of vintage charm. I love this name
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] sounds so harsh to my ears.

I like [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] a lot better!