Do you like.....

[name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. What do you think for a baby boy? Last name has 2 syllables ands ends with ‘ee’ sound

I don’t particularly like the name [name_m]Ford[/name_m] as it is a big car brand here in Australia. Some other F names could be [name_m]Frazier[/name_m], [name_m]Forester[/name_m], [name_m]Francisco[/name_m], [name_m]Foster[/name_m], [name_m]Flynt[/name_m], [name_m]Flint[/name_m], [name_m]Finton[/name_m], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_u]Flyn[/name_u] and [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] sounds a lot better than ford, it’s not really my style though, it sounds very common and traditional to me, I much rather prefer [name_m]Evander[/name_m], which has a similar sound.

Although I do not get too excited about [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is very handsome.

I just think of cars when it comes to [name_m]Ford[/name_m], so I can’t get on board unfortunately.

I like it! Yes, I do think of cars when I hear [name_m]Ford[/name_m] - but there are loads of names that are also car names that are much much worse ([name_f]Mercedes[/name_f], [name_f]Porsche[/name_f], etc). [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is very handsome indeed.

I know an older gentleman named [name_m]Ford[/name_m], so I think of him when I hear it as a name. I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], but the names sound nice together.

I think not using it because it’s the same name as a brand would prevent a lot of names like [name_u]Lennox[/name_u], [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f], [name_m]Dodge[/name_m], [name_f]Chanel[/name_f], [name_f]Allegra[/name_f].

I think it’s very handsome.

Very handsome!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is awesome!

Although [name_m]Ford[/name_m] isn’t really my thing I can see the appeal and it does sound very handsome with [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

Thanks everyone for your input. The car association is frustrating as the car was named after a person anyway so originally it was a name (I don’t mind surname names) but I don’t want my son to be asked if he’s parents are car fanatics the rest of his life! Lol (we’re not)
But I just think the combo is so handsome!

Like it a lot!

[name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is a strong combo!

I like it a lot. I don’t know that as a name I would really associate it with the car at all, for exactly the reason you said, it is actually a name first! I think more of 1980s [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Ford[/name_m], which is not a bad association in my books :wink:

I think of a ford; a shallow place in a body of water, such as a river, where one can cross by walking or riding on an animal or in a vehicle. And that is a positive. It is a nature name. The motor company does not bother me. [name_m]Plenty[/name_m] of names are names of places, companies, celebrities, etc. And so many baby name enthusiasts say how much they do not care for surname names but in reality many names are actually surname names. [name_f]Every[/name_f] time I hear someone say how much they do not like them, they always have at least a couple in their signature. Name your child the name you truly love, feel a connection with, feels like The One.

I really like [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]! I don’t like word names but [name_m]Ford[/name_m] is a solid, handsome name with history that is a great name in itself despite the association. Examples of where the brand or word outweighs the name (for me anyway) are [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f] or [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] or word names like apple or axel or liberty. I’m not a word name fan at all, but names like [name_m]Ford[/name_m] do not fall in the word name category! Very handsome combo!