Do you only see that one word

I love one name. I love the sound of it extremely… Problem? It’s [name_f]Aliena[/name_f], from [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]’s works. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you see the problem, even with this pronunciation - AH-lee-ehn- ah, with lee-ehn pronounced very quickly?

Sorry all I see is Alien-a.

1 Like

Honestly, I had no idea what you were talking about until I read the above comment :joy: so, to answer your question, nope I don’t!

ETA: [name_m]Even[/name_m] with it pointed out to me, I don’t see it as a problem. It still reads as [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-lee-en-ah to me and it sounds lovely. But obviously this one does divide opinion!

1 Like

Yep. Alien-a. Sorry :confused:

I did notice but only because I’ve sort of been trained to? I saw a similar comment about the name [name_f]Alienor[/name_f], which I never would’ve noticed the “alien” in if it hadn’t been pointed out to me.

In all honesty, I probably wouldn’t have noticed otherwise because it reminds me of my sister’s name ([name_f]Eliana[/name_f]) so I just see a name similar to hers. I’d say it ah-lee-EHN-uh on instinct, so slightly different emphasis.

I do see the word Alien and i dont think the fact that it was chosen purposefully to show [name_f]Celia[/name_f]’s alienation in the play helps

The “alien” part is the first thing I noticed. I would suggest [name_f]Alyena[/name_f] instead.

1 Like

Alien was also the first thing I noticed. however, I do like the name [name_f]Alienor[/name_f], so I don’t think it’s too big of a deal. I know an [name_f]Aliana[/name_f], but it’s pronounced slightly differently.

I can’t say i’ve ever properly come across the name but I read it as [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-[name_u]Lee[/name_u]-Enn-[name_m]Ah[/name_m]

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: I hardly notice the word alien hidden within it, it’s only noticeable and comes across mind when it’s being pointed out.

I didn’t realize that it had alien in it until I was done reading, but I’m ADHD, so yeah…

I did not see Alien in it and had absolutely NO idea what you were talking about until I read the first reply! :joy:
One other similar name that I really like is [name_f]Alina[/name_f], and another is [name_f]Aline[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the sound of those?
Because even though a lot of people DON’T notice it, I’m betting that in a class of elementary schoolers, there’s going to be that one kid who DOES notice it, and points it out to everyone. I would refrain from using it.

same exactly

When I SEE it I see Alien, but when I say it that association’s gone. I might suggest Alyenna, [name_f]Alyena[/name_f], Ahlienna, Alliena, or Allyena to remove the alien part. Gorgeous and striking sound tho! Unforgettable!

I didn’t notice! I have a friend [name_f]Aliana[/name_f] which you might like?

Yes I notice it right away, sorry. :frowning:

I’ll admit that I see it too, but I don’t think it should be a deal breaker! [name_f]Aliana[/name_f] is a good middle ground if that works for you, though. Or perhaps Alliena? I can actually relate to this situation. I absolutely fell in love with the name [name_f]Liara[/name_f] a few years ago until one day I realized it was “liar-a” and can’t unsee it now :(.

1 Like

I think if you’re asking then just be prepared for them to grow up with some seeing it and some don’t. I suggested [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] to my husband and he goes “Nope, all I see is ‘anal’”

Perhaps I’m being dense but I don’t really see a problem. Maybe it would make you feel better if you spelled it Alliena, Allienna, or Alienna?

Yes, I’ve never seen the name before and automatically pronounced it Ay-lien-a, sorry! I do love the sound of it pronounced the right way though. Maybe you could spell it Arlienna?

I LOVE @SilverSky109’s suggestion of Alliena!!

I noticed alien right away. Perhaps there is another spelling?