Do you think Cora will go extinct?

Just a random question.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Cora[/name_f] will fall off the charts due to the [name_f]Corona[/name_f] virus?
I hope it doesn’t. I think [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is a beautiful combo. I like [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] too.

3 Likes

I never realized the association to coronavirus! I think it’s still perfectly fine to use.

13 Likes

Nope. I never connected the two.

5 Likes

No, I don’t. I don’t find it at all similar to corona.

2 Likes

I do think the name [name_f]Cora[/name_f] will fall in popularity and actually heard this mentioned on the news the other day too!

2 Likes

Never thought about [name_f]Cora[/name_f]- [name_f]Corona[/name_f]! Parents are actually naming their children [name_f]Corona[/name_f] believe it or not :joy: so I doubt it, in general names don’t go to die but are put to rest until a wave of popularity for it is needed. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad says humans recycle names every decade or so and I believe it!

4 Likes

I don’t associate [name_f]Cora[/name_f] with [name_f]Corona[/name_f] so I think it will stay popular.

2 Likes

Nah, [name_f]Cora[/name_f] is still fine to use

2 Likes

I don’t think so. Honestly, [name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_f]Corona[/name_f] are not too similar at all, and I would never have made the connection naturally. [name_f]Cora[/name_f] should be safe! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s too similar. [name_f]Cora[/name_f] is pronounced more like KOR-uh while corona is pronounced kuh-ROAN-uh. Aside from the first three letters, there’s nothing similar between them IMO.

4 Likes

I don’t think so

1 Like

I hope not. I love [name_f]Cora[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Honestly I never associated the two, so i think it will remain as a usable name. I think [name_u]Cove[/name_u] on the other hand will be less usable.

1 Like

No. I would never associate the name [name_f]Cora[/name_f] with coronavirus! To me it seems like a reach.

I’ve definitely heard [name_f]Rona[/name_f] used to refer to coronavirus (as in “the [name_f]Rona[/name_f]”) which makes that name problematic now. But I see no issues with [name_f]Cora[/name_f].

2 Likes

I know someone who was considering the name who won’t use it now.

1 Like

I don’t think so; it isn’t a strong association.

1 Like

I don’t think so. I think [name_u]Cove[/name_u] and [name_f]Corona[/name_f] would be more likely to be associated with Covid/Coronavirus than [name_f]Cora[/name_f].

1 Like

Nope! I didn’t make that association, and I doubt enough will for it to be a problem.

1 Like

To be honest I call the virus Covid so I don’t really link it to [name_f]Cora[/name_f]. Good question though.

1 Like

I don’t think it will, they’re not too similar. I could see alternate spellings, like [name_f]Korra[/name_f], becoming more popular though.

1 Like