do you think lucy works as a nn for louisa?

I’m loving [name]Lucy[/name] and like [name]Louisa[/name] better than [name]Lucille[/name] or [name]Lucia[/name]. What do you think?

Yes, I think it works fine. I also think [name]Lucy[/name] can stand on its own.

Yes, definitely! I love [name]Louisa[/name].

If you love [name]Lucy[/name], name her [name]Lucy[/name]. It works quite well on its own. [name]Louisa[/name] is a lovely name that really doesn’t need a nickname as far as I’m concerned. I’ve never heard [name]Lucy[/name] as a nn for [name]Louisa[/name]. [name]Lulu[/name] or just [name]Lou[/name] would be more appropriate choices. [name]Lucy[/name] just seems like a totally different name to me.

While I think [name]Lou[/name] is a more natural nn for [name]Louisa[/name], I think [name]Lucy[/name] could definitely work at home or as more of a pet name from parents. As much as I [name]LOVE[/name] nn’s, I feel like I agree with some others here slightly…that if you love [name]Lucy[/name], you can definitely use that to stand on it’s own.

I really love the name [name]Louisa[/name], but I don’t care for [name]Lou[/name] as a nn, so I’m actually excited that you suggested this because I think [name]Lucy[/name] could work well as an “at home” or special mom’s nn for a [name]Louisa[/name]!

It’s perfect! I think [name]Lucy[/name] is a darling nn for [name]Louisa[/name]! :slight_smile:

I know it could but I feel like [name]Lucy[/name] should have a fuller name.

I absolutely agree with mischa’s above comment. They are such totally different names in my mind that it really isn’t working for me.

Personally, I’d just use [name]Lucy[/name] on its own. But if you want something longer, what about [name]Lucia[/name] or [name]Lucinda[/name]?

Yes I definitely think you could call a [name]Louisa[/name] or [name]Louise[/name], [name]Lucy[/name]. My DD’s middle name is [name]Louise[/name] (a family name) and when we thought about using it as the first name, I would have called her [name]Lucy[/name] has a nn.

I would have to say NO.

My friend has a full name as a nickname for another name. Her legal name is [name]Amanda[/name] but goes by [name]Amy[/name]. She has been kicked off flights, almost denied admission to college due to transcripts being in the wrong name, and generally dealt with a world full of hassle. People expect [name]Kate[/name] to be a nickname for [name]Katherine[/name] but do not expect [name]Lucy[/name] to be a nickname for [name]Louisa[/name].