Do you think my favourite names reflect my age?

Hello :slight_smile:

My friends and I were talking about baby makes the other day. I said the names below as ones I like, and got different reactions. [name]One[/name] of my friends said that they are horrible, and are only for old people. She said that it would be mean to put a child through life with these names. An other friend said that they are stereotypical of a 16 year old mum (as I am 16) to use. So, I was wondering do these names reflect me being 16, and are they too old to use? Thank you so much.

[name]Samuel[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Magdalene[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] /[name]Magdalena[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

“[name]Sam[/name], [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Ozzy[/name], [name]Lucy[/name]”

Thank you again :slight_smile:

I think your names a wonderful! I don’t think they reflect your age very much, but that can be a good thing :smiley:

PS I love how the nicknames all go together! So adorable!

Wonderful old fashioned names. :). I don’t think they reflect your ages just great names!

Your friends are crazy. [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Magdalene[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Violet[/name] are excellent names. All four names exude class and are handsome, timeless choices.

Compared to what a lot of young people I know are naming their babies these days, those are GREAT. They’re classic, they’re spelled correctly, and they’ll age great.

Teen mum names tend to be overly cutesy and very trendy. Your names sound like you’re 35, which is good. :slight_smile:

No way - teen moms tend to use names that are overly trendy, misspelled, on the wrong gender…these don’t fall into that category at all. I think you have great taste, especially for being 16.

These are all tasteful names, especially [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]. :slight_smile: I think they’re uncommon choices for someone your age.

Your name choices reflect the current preference for old fashioned names, regardless of the age of the parents. :slight_smile:

You have the correct spellings, the names are not overly cutesy and they have depth and history so they age well. My verdict: your names are too sophisticated to be labelled “teen mom”. They give the impression that you’re a very mature 16-year-old. [name]Do[/name] you think your friends may be a little bit jealous? :slight_smile:

I agree with the group here! I think it would actually be really interesting to have people post their top ten names and see if someone can guess their age range!

Yes, it sounds like your friends are jealous OR not mature. (No offense, it’s just that these are great, classy names, and you seem really sophisticated and mature.)

[name]Samuel[/name] is a teen-mom name? I wish!

For a lot of people, if their grandparent or grandparents friends have certain names, it makes those names feel completely unusable because of the connection they have to an old person. I could never use the name [name]Irene[/name] because I grew up knowing a crusty old smoker with a dozen cats named [name]Irene[/name]. I recognize that it can be a pretty name, but the connection kills it for me.

[name]Don[/name]'t worry about bad reactions from one or two people. If everybody hates them, then maybe rethink.

But I hope you have a lot of years to consider before the choice is necessary.

I don’t think they reflect your age, because teenagers tend to like more trendy names! I think the names you like are lovely :slight_smile:

I think you have wonderful, classic taste and your name choices come across as having been made by someone mature and stylish. Kudos to you I say! :slight_smile:

I think they are excellent, classy names, and don’t scream teenager.

[name]Don[/name]'t worry about it! I’m 18 and I also love classic old fashioned names. :] They are definitely not too old to use! The names are classic but still familiar- [name]Magdalene[/name]/[name]Magdalena[/name] could easily be shortened to [name]Maggie[/name] and [name]Lucinda[/name] to [name]Lucy[/name], which would perhaps make your friends like the names more.
I don’t think the names are typical teen mom names at all. Like previous posters said, typical teen mom names tend to be trendy and/or spelled incorrectly.

Most average teens don’t have the best taste or knowledge in names, which is why my friends think [name]Katelynne[/name] is the correct spelling and [name]Addison[/name] is a girls’ name. They tend to think cutesy with lots of 'y’s and pretty vowels. So, basically, my friends think [name]Adorabelle[/name] is, well, adorable, and Emyleigh is pretty.

Your names don’t fit the stereotypical names of teen moms. But, I do know one teen mom who has named her daughter [name]Faith[/name], an important aspect in both her and her husband’s life; and a son [name]Aaron[/name]-[name]Zachary[/name] after her BILs. Teen moms can choose great names, just most of the time they think [name]Nevaeh[/name] is original.

You have fantastic taste. I don’t know any teen mothers who are considering such wonderful, classic names. There are certainly some old-fashioned names that remain bitter and stale, but the ones you’ve selected are enjoying a revival or are due for one.

Your name choices are definitely in the “classical” rather than “teen-mom” category.