Do you think Sarah is too 'plain'?

I am friends with 5 [name_f]Sara/name_fs and know even more. I don’t think it is plain, but super popular, especially in the millennial generation.

[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] is lovely, certainly not too plain. It’s uber popular in the millennial generation as pp’s have said, but not so popular anymore. I met the first [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] I know under ten the other day, she was 9 or 10 months old. She was precious. It made me start crushing on her name.

I love the description of [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] being a ‘little black dress’ name, I think it’s a perfect way to describe it.

Like the ‘little black dress’, [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] is a classic, which any wearer can give her own style to.

[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] is one of my favorites, I’d use it in a heartbeat.

I agree with the masses here. It WAS extremely popular so I think most of us (those of child rearing age today) are sick of it. But, I do not know any young [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]'s. So, your baby girl would most likely not have the “which one” problem that they did “in our day”. With that being said, I personally have a negative association with it so I am finding it hard to say I like it. But…attempting to take that aside - the name itself does not thrill me. However, if you have liked it for so long and do not have negative associations with it, then go for it. IMHO - it doesn’t dazzle, but in no way does it disgust either and worst case scenario there is nothing wrong with being a “plain [name_f]Jane[/name_f]” (My father’s nn for me). :slight_smile:

Yes, very plain. I know far too many

Nope. I’d love to meet a little [name_f]Sara/name_f, what with all of the yoo-neek, unique or uber out-there names that are being used nowadays. The youngest [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] I know is 19.

No, I don’t think [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] is plain. I don’t know any [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]'s and I love the “little black dress” association! The meaning, “princess” is wonderful! Nickname [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]? or no? I know 2 Sadies but not [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]'s. I would love to meet a baby [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]!

It’s a beautiful name and one of my favourites! Personally, I did know quite a few girls named [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] growing up, but I know a tons of people with babies and have yet to hear of a [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] under 15 or so. I don’t think you’d have to worry about there being three Sarahs in every class. It’s lovely and classic.

I think [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] is Plain and Tall. :wink:

[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] means princess and there is nothing plain about that.

It was very common when I was growing up and it’s still almost top 50 in my state (80s-2000s is a lot of Saras/Sarahs). It is a tad plain for me only because I’ve known so many. However, the good thing about it is that it’s one of those names that since it is religious makes it pretty international, so basically everyone can say it.

I think it’s kind of common as someone under the age of 25 (I know four [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]'s my age total), but all the [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]'s I’ve known have been beautiful and have been amazing friends, so if you want to name your daughter [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], go for it :slight_smile:

I know only two girls named [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]; one is 13, the other is 18. [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] is a lovely classic that will never go out of style.

I see [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] as a bit… not fresh. It doesn’t fall into the “dated” category but it comes close and it doesn’t quite fit “plain” either (like [name_f]Anne[/name_f]). It is a ‘classic’ but because it jumped so much in popularity in the 1980s and 1990s (US), I see it a little that way.

I love the name [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]! It is my favorite girl name right now. As a lover of classic names, I don’t see [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] as “plain.” I liked the LBD association mentioned above. [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] is a beautiful name!

Sorry but, yes, in my opinion [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] is a very plain, boring name. Yes it is extremely popular. Which means there is millions of Sarahs out there. Honestly there is so many awesome names out there that haven’t been overused.

My name is [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], and reading through all these comments has been so nice! I loved it described as the little black dress name! And the person who said it was comparable to [name_f]Alice[/name_f]- that’s my sisters name!! And my brother is [name_m]Charles[/name_m], which I think is probably the male equivalent for little black dress :slight_smile:
I love my name, and unlike Jennifers and Jessicas did not come across as many other Sarahs growing up as you would probably assume. I was never in a class with another [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], until University lectures of course!
I think [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] would be very refreshing now!