Do you think that Harriet is a good name for a baby?

it was the name of my great, great, great grandmother or auntie, me and my dad love the name:) what do you think?

I really like [name]Harriet[/name] actually, and plus it has the cutest nickname of [name]Hattie[/name]:slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] it – its one of my favorite names!

The nn [name]Hattie[/name] is super cute.

I love [name]Harriet[/name] – think it’s very elegant and has a lot of style. Plus I think it’s a name that’s going to feel more fashionable and less dowdy over the coming years. It’s the [name]Beatrice[/name], the [name]Hazel[/name], the [name]Matilda[/name] of the future. And there are lots of great nicknames. Along with the adorable [name]Hattie[/name], there’s [name]Hatsy[/name], [name]Hettie[/name], [name]Harri[/name].

i absolutely adore this name. and the nickname, [name]Hattie[/name], is my favorite name.

Yep. It has the elegance of an old-fashioned name, but also has a whimsy/spunky element to it that I like. Great choice.

If you love it than you should use it, but I have a hard time imagining a little girl growing up today named [name]Harriet[/name]. I love [name]Hattie[/name], though!

I’m loving [name]Harriet[/name] more and more every day, and adore the [name]Hattie[/name] nickname. :slight_smile: I love [name]Henrietta[/name], too, and I think of both names as elegant and spunky. Growing up, I knew a [name]Hattie[/name] who was simply lovely, and I associate [name]Harriet[/name] with the perky, intelligent, independent, and creative title character from “[name]Harriet[/name] the Spy.”

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Harriet[/name] has lots of punch and style. Especially love the nn [name]Hattie[/name]. I really love [name]Henrietta[/name], and I didn’t used to like it.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]! Its darling! I always think [name]Harriet[/name] sounds like a fun girls name. And Harr could be a cute nickname too if she wanted.

[name]Love[/name] it she is on our list along with [name]Hermione[/name] :slight_smile:

Its not my style, but it would be refreshing to see on a young child.

I love it! It’s an elegant Victorian darling name for me. I know 3 girls called [name]Harriet[/name] (between 3-13) and they are all adorable :slight_smile:

I love this name, [name]Hattie[/name] or [name]Ettie[/name] is such a cute nn. I remember having a book when I was little called [name]Harriet[/name] the Hares’ Birthday ha. [name]Lovely[/name] name and very underused, I dont think I’ve ever met a harriet, cool name.

I read that as “[name]Do[/name] you think [name]Harriet[/name] is a good name for a boy?” and almost fell out of my chair.

Not a favorite, but nn [name]Hattie[/name] redeems it.

[name]Harriet[/name] is quite a popular name here in [name]England[/name] (although not enough to put me off it) and I am rather partial to it, as all of the Harriets I know are lovely!

I think it is a classic rather than being at all out-dated, and that it holds just the right level of popularity - not every second girl will be [name]Harriet[/name], but she will be able to find pencils etc. with her name on (this sounds trivial, but as the bearer of an unusual name I was always most upset that they didn’t make a ‘[name]Winnie[/name]’ pencil!).

The nn [name]Hattie[/name] is just so adorable, and [name]Harriet[/name] can be used if she wants a more formal name when she is an adult ([name]Harri[/name] is a good nn, too, for a teenager or a tomboy).

I say go for it!

My oldest [name]Kira[/name] gets upset when she can’t find novelty items with her name on them. Being a [name]Lisa[/name] I hated that my name was common but I’m sure I had a pencil with my name it :wink: . For safety reasons kids shouldn’t wear their names on their clothes or back packs anyway.