Do you think the name Penelope has become too trendy or overused?

I love the name [name]Penelope[/name] still but I wanted a name for my child where it wouldn’t seem like everyone had the same name.

My daughters name is [name]Izabella[/name] and at the time I didn’t realize it was so popular she was born almost 7 years ago and we know a lot of children with the same name. But with my son [name]Holden[/name] we don’t have that issue we’ve yet to meet another [name]Holden[/name].

[name]Do[/name] you think it’s better to just use a name and not worry about the popularity of it?

I don’t think [name]Penelope[/name] is popular enough that you need to worry about it. Unlike [name]Isabella[/name], which was #4 seven years ago, [name]Penelope[/name] was at #125 in 2012. I try not to worry too much about popularity because really there is no guarantee even if you use a less popular name. There are three [name]Jacqueline[/name]'s in my daughter’s class (she is 7 too), and [name]Jacqueline[/name] was #243 the year they were all born. So you just never know. Meanwhile there is not one [name]Isabella[/name] in her class of 125 students.

I am not a fan of this name but I know a few Penelopes. (3-4) Although I agree with shieldsc about you never know what names are really popular among your child’s peers. I know 2 Coras nearly my daughter’s age and a lot of Sophias, but no Avas or Caras. You never know so don’t worry and use the name you like.

I know no Penelopes. I think you should go with it if it is a name you really like.

I haven’t heard of a single [name]Penelope[/name] at all. I see it on a lot of name lists, but haven’t heard it on a child. [name]Haven[/name]'t seen a single one in birth announcements either.

I think NB often gives a shewed view of popularity, but you got to remember that NB doesn’t necessarily reflect actually usage of names or popularity of names

I would love to meet a little [name]Penelope[/name] and have yet to do so. It may have a trendy image at the moment since it was used by a Kardashian, but it seems too offbeat to really zoom up the charts and have wide appeal like the other Kardashian name [name]Mason[/name] has, IMHO. Like other posters have said, you never know about popularity. It’s best to use a name you truly love!