Do you think this name would work?

I have a half-aunt, who I was very close to when I was a child. I looked up to her and wanted to be like her. She was basically my role model. I would like to honor her, but her name is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], and one of my twins name will be [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f].
Everybody calls my half-aunt Libba, which I’m obsessed with. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think Libba would Work well with her twin who will be named [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f], or should I find a different way to honor my half-aunt?

I think [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and Libba work well together. It’s cute.

I love the name Libba! I’m not sure about [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and Libba together, but Libba is sweet.

[name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] seems like it already honors [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

Umm… no. I think [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] already honours your aunt. Libba is a nice nickname, but I don’t like it at all as a stand alone.

As others have suggested, doesn’t [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] already honor [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]? Personally, I think Libba is an odd choice for a given name. I think people will always ask you to repeat it when you say the name.

If [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] doesn’t feel strong enough of an honor to you, would you consider [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]? It also flows nicely and you could choose to use Libba as a middle name, if you wanted.

Alternatively, you could keep [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] and consider [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] as a name for the other twin. [name_f]Libby[/name_f] is a medieval diminutive of [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] (because [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] are the same name, I wouldn’t name twins [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]).

I think it works well.

I don’t care for Libba as a given name. It is a nice nickname for [name_f]Elizabetta[/name_f].

What about [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f] for one twin and [name_f]Elizabetta[/name_f] xxxxx for the other. [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and Libba together are fine as long Libba as a more significant given name,

Why not call [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f], Libba? (I love the combination of [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f])

I’d also second the suggestions above that allow you to use the nn Libba, but I’d hesitate to give both daughters versions of the same name ([name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] and [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], for example).

As another option, when I hear Libba, I think [name_f]Libby[/name_f], which for some reason leads me to [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]? [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] could definitely work as siblings.

Good luck!

[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] already honors your aunt.

Libba actually sounds like the perfect nickname for [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f]!

Also–[name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] is a great name! Have it on my own list!

I like the suggestion above of [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] _. [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] could even give you nn Libba quite organically.
I think Libba and [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] sound too similar and do agree that Elisbetta seems a good way to honour your half-aunt. The flow on [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] is gorgeous.
If you want something that sounds similar to Libba why not look at [name_f]Livia[/name_f] or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] as pp suggested (these are two different names).
I think [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] sound lovely. Nicknames could be [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] and [name_f]Libby[/name_f]/Libba if you still want matching names?