Do your pet have a nickname?

[name_f]My[/name_f] [name_f]Zoee[/name_f] (gone now) was called Zo-Zo, Socks (gone now) didn’t, [name_f]Currie[/name_f] (pronounced like Curi(ous)) (gone now) didn’t, & my [name_m]Buddy[/name_m] gets furball sometimes among others.

1 Like

Yes! My dog is named Ruby, vue we almost exclusively call her Jorf! :rofl: My first dog, Zoey, was called Hozie, because that was easier to say as a little one

1 Like

I don’t particularly like my cat’s name, but the theme I was going for was ‘Herbs’ so I choose Jasmine out of the bunch.

Even if I did like her name, I still don’t think I’d call her Jasmine :sweat_smile: She has an array of nicknames, but I’ve recently took to calling her Minna (min-uh).

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] guinea pigs have several each :grin:

[name_f]Hattie[/name_f] - Hats, Batty [name_f]Hattie[/name_f], Hatticus
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] - Looney Tunes, Looney
[name_m]Benvolio[/name_m] - [name_m]Ben[/name_m], [name_m]Benny[/name_m] boy, the noisy one
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] - Wilbs, Wilbur-beast, Wilby
[name_u]Keats[/name_u] - Keatsy, baked bean
[name_m]Otis[/name_m] - Oats, Oatsy, Oat-monster

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] dog [name_u]Everest[/name_u] gets called [name_u]Ever[/name_u] almost all the time :paw_prints:

1 Like

i’ve got a cat called Mystic and the only nn’s we call her would be Myscit (dk why), Mykit (Mih-kit) & Misses (mysses)

another cat called Monkey, his nn’s are Monk, Bubba, Bubba Monkey, Bubby, Hubba Bubba & My Boy

and my other cat is Leila and we call her, Chunky, Chuh-Chung, Lei-Bae, Bebe & Baby Girl.

2 Likes

i have a cat called olive. she mostly gets called silly nonsense words that have nothing to do with her name.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] guinea pig’s name is [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] and I call her [name_f]Aggie[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] dogs have like five nicknames each! One of them has the one syllable name, [name_u]Skye[/name_u], so we just naturally fell into falling her Skysie, because you can’t really do the singsong voice with one syllable. Unless you do Sky-eye?

1 Like

edited for privacy

3 Likes

Oh, yes. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is Stalactite, Stellie Belly, and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Bella[/name_f]. [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] is Lazzy and Laz-ma-taz.

1 Like

My dog Stella is mostly called Honey, Stellie, StellaBella, Stellabug, or Cuddlebug!

1 Like

Why, of course!

[name_f]My[/name_f] cat, [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], is usually called [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. But her more ‘pet’ nns are [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_f]Girl[/name_f], Cuddle Bug, [name_u]Angel[/name_u], etc.

[name_f]My[/name_f] cat, [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], is almost always called [name_u]Ari[/name_u] unless he’s in trouble & gets called by his full name!. :joy: Other than that I call him [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Boy, [name_u]Pumpkin[/name_u], [name_u]Boo[/name_u] [name_u]Boo[/name_u], [name_u]Love[/name_u] Bug.

[name_f]My[/name_f] dog, [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], is often called Feefs, Feefers, Feefertons, The Feefs, Puppy (even though she’s nine!)

2 Likes

Mine has so many nicknames :rofl: His name is [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u], but he gets;

• JD (normally is called this instead of his full name)
  • Dr. [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] (his name came from the tv show Scrubs, [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] “JD” on the show is a doctor)
  • [name_f]Cinnamon[/name_f] [name_m]Roll[/name_m]
  • Loaf
  • Floof
  • [name_f]El[/name_f] Presidente
  • Señor [name_m]Le[/name_m] Floof
  • Honeybun
  • Mow
1 Like

Yes, we have a couple for our boys - two cats (a Scottish Fold and a British Shorthair).

[name_m]Hershel[/name_m] is:

• Hershey
  • [name_u]Baby[/name_u] / The [name_u]Baby[/name_u]

Higgins is:

• Higgy
  • Higgles
  • Higglebum
  • Bum Bum
3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] dog gets lots of nicknames totally unrelated to her name :sweat_smile: Puppy, [name_f]Princess[/name_f], [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Shark, and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] [name_m]Roosevelt[/name_m] are our most recent /common culprits haha!

2 Likes

my dog is monty, but he gets monts, moo, moopy, mr moo, moopy moos, monty boy, montague, montgomery, elvis, dyson etc

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] cat [name_f]Freya[/name_f] gets called Frey-Frey
And [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] gets [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] Poo or [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] [name_u]Boo[/name_u] [name_u]Boo[/name_u] :rofl:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] cat [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] (gone now) was called Pips, Pipsi and Pepsi, [name_f]Molly[/name_f] (gone now) didn’t have one, [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] is just [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is [name_f]Tabbie[/name_f], Tabs, Tib-Tab, Fluffball, Fluffy and Fluff (she is incredibly fluffy).

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] cat, named [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], is called Nellie-Bellie-Boo-Boo, which eventually gets shortened to just Bells/Bellie. When she was younger my sister exclusively called her Turnip as well.

1 Like