Dodie

It is pronounced “doe-dee”

1 Like

Okay! Then [name_f]Dodie[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] is super cute!

1 Like

It definitely makes me think of Dodi Fayed but that might just me showing my age! Probably fine for anyone (and their children) under 25.

I think [name_f]Dodie[/name_f] is way too easy to make fun of. I much prefer [name_f]Dottie[/name_f] personally.

I’m not a big fan of [name_f]Dodie[/name_f], it sounds a bit weird, imo. I also don’t like how it has the word “do” and “d!e” in it. I prefer it as a nickname for [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] or [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f].

as your fellow [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] lover I think [name_f]Dodie[/name_f] is amazing! I think of the youtuber first but it’s not really a negative association so you’re good!
I love nicknames as standalones and this one is no different. [name_f]Dodie[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] is great!
but one con is that I can’t see [name_f]Dodie[/name_f] on someone older, in that case you can use the full name!

and yes I pronounce it as doe-dee

1 Like

I’m not currently pregnant (I’m a planner so like to have a name on standby…:upside_down_face:) but my husband and I have agreed on [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] “[name_f]Dodie[/name_f]” [name_f]Kate[/name_f] if our next is a girl. :heart_eyes: so in love with it. It honors two great women in our family and I love how unexpected [name_f]Dodie[/name_f] is as a nickname. If she grows up hating it, she can go by [name_f]Kate[/name_f], or even [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Dodie[/name_f] and think it’s right at home with all the other popular nickname-as-first-name names. [name_f]My[/name_f] association is with [name_f]Dodie[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] the author of The Hundred and One Dalmatians (a wonderful book) which makes me love it more.

1 Like