Does anyone else feel that Dahlia has a "dull" "dumb" feel to it?

That’s how my mother describes it, and I have to say I think she’s got a good point.
When I say the name, it does feel very…down. I think it’s the Dah- sound, and the fact that the name is so vowel heavy.

Which sucks because I think it would be gorgeous to use if I could love it.

lol, I don’t get that image at all! To me, [name]Dahlia[/name] is striking, a bit exotic, sweet, definitely unpredictable, smart. Put together. If it was Dulia, then maybe…

I actually really love [name]Dahlia[/name] with your other favorites, too–[name]Alessandra[/name], [name]Esmeralda[/name], [name]Gwendolyn[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Chloe[/name], etc… I think [name]Dahlia[/name]'s probably the most striking out of them all, except for maybe [name]Esmeralda[/name], haha.

I love [name]Dahlia[/name], but I would be afraid of [name]Dolly[/name] as a nickname. Part of the reason I love it is because my cute little feisty Grandma’s maiden name was Dahl. So I’m still considering it. Depending on who says it, I can see your point though, it could sound a little mouth-breather da-a-aaah… :rolleyes:

No I don’t think that [name]Dahlia[/name] is dumb or dull.

No, absolutely not!! I love [name]Dahlia[/name]. I know a [name]Dahlia[/name] and see is adorable. She is very smart, fun and beautiful so I don’t get that image at all!

Not dull in my opinion…and I love nn [name]Dolly[/name]…it’s that whole [name]Black[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name] thing that keeps me from being able to really use it!!

I think it does, like you said its the heavy ‘Dah’ start then i feel as if the ‘[name]Lia[/name]’ is just added to spruce it up, i would never describe it as a subtle or quick name.

I think [name]Dahlia[/name] is a very beautiful name, not at all dull! A bit exotic maybe:)

I kind of have to agree with u! ;). That’s why the name doesn’t always make my list. It’s. The dah part that irks me sometimes. [name]Dolly[/name] isn’t my favorite Nn either. It’s such a pretty flower though so I keep it on my list

Totally agree! Especially after watching the show Suburgatory.

I was trying to figure out why I can’t get behind this name, and I think you have! I agree, it sorta has a dumb feel.

I agree with you! I cannot get behind this name at all for those reasons tha Dah at the beginning and sound of the name, just sounds like a well yeah, dull & kind of dumb!