does anyone else find girls names so much harder than boys...

My husband and I have agreed on either [name]Caleb[/name] [name]Randolph[/name] or [name]Neil[/name] [name]Randolph[/name] for our baby if it’s a boy. (Most everyone here has voted against [name]Neil[/name] and disliked [name]Randolph[/name] but I love [name]Neil[/name] and [name]Randolph[/name] is my beloved father’s name so I love these) I feel like these names came so easily, and though I kept trying to look, nothing I came up with could beat [name]Caleb[/name] or [name]Neil[/name]. But girls names… Everyday I change my mind. [name]One[/name] day I love short sweet names, the next I want a longer name with a cute nn. I can’t even decide on the middle. My list has expanded and contracted so many times. Am I alone in finding girls names so much more difficult? My remaining short list is…

[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]

But none of them feel like the one…

I am with you. I have one daughter and her name was so easy ([name]Juliette[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]) but this time around I can’t find anything that feels right. I am set with 3 boy names that I absolutly love but am all over the place with girl names.

I do like your short list. [name]Molly[/name] is my favorite but [name]Jane[/name] is very classic. Good luck in your search.

I love [name]Penelope[/name] because nn [name]Penny[/name] is so adorable! I also love [name]Molly[/name] and [name]Jane[/name]…both are on my list. [name]Jane[/name] would make a lovely first name, but you could also use it as a middle for any of the lovely names on your list.

Also, of the two boys’ names, I much prefer [name]Caleb[/name], and think honouring your father with the mn is wonderful.

I feel your pain! I, too, am having a ridiculously difficult time with this! DH and I basically went through seven name books, and for girls, we had a tiny handful of names we both liked. I just want a healthy baby, but at this moment, I’m leaning toward hoping for a girl because of the name situation! It’s been awful, I’d suggest something, and DH would shoot it down…and his suggestions have been top tenners, and being a top tenner my whole life has been OBNOXIOUS to me, so I want something more special for our lovey.

If it were me, I’d grab [name]Georgia[/name] and run, run, run with it. I love, love, love it. Again, DH nixed it, but I just can’t get over how pretty it is.

I prefer [name]Niel[/name] to [name]Caleb[/name]! [name]Caleb[/name]'s a bit trendy, while [name]Niel[/name] would feel really fresh to me. [name]Randolph[/name]'s great too! [name]Don[/name]'t doubt yourself! :slight_smile:

All your girls’ names are great! [name]Georgia[/name] especially! I’m not even pregnant and won’t be for a long, long time, but I have trouble keeping a top ten list for long either. [name]Just[/name] try and pick something you’ve loved forever, that way you’ll have less of a chance of regreting it.

I love [name]Neal[/name]! So much more than [name]Caleb[/name]! I love girl names and find boy names I bit dull! I just like the classics for boys (would name a son [name]James[/name], [name]John[/name], [name]Timothy[/name] or [name]Alexander[/name]) but I love all varieties of girl names!
[name]Georgia[/name]- this I absolutely love
[name]Penelope[/name]- nms, dislike [name]Penny[/name], [name]Nell[/name] is cute though
[name]Jane[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this, gorgeous and simple. Also love [name]June[/name], [name]Joan[/name] and [name]Jeanne[/name].
[name]Molly[/name]- cute, but a bit little girlish. reminds me of [name]Nina[/name] and [name]Norah[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]- nms

I’m sorry I didn’t vote. My son’s middle name is [name]Caleb[/name] ([name]Thomas[/name] [name]Caleb[/name]) and I love the name [name]Neil[/name], both [name]Neil[/name] and the Irish [name]Niall[/name]. [name]Neil[/name] [name]Randolph[/name] is my favourite of your two. Why not go Irish for your daughter’s name too? [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Molly[/name] both fit that bill. I think [name]Molly[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is adorable. You could also try [name]Elinor[/name]/[name]Helen[/name] or [name]Maeve[/name].