Does anyone else have this problem??

Does anyone else question their top name combos some days for days or weeks at a time and then later completely fall in love with it again? It makes me feel like when I actually do name my child I’ll change my mind a million times! Any tips?

I kind of have the same issue. I put a name in my staples, and then 2 days later, I want to change it. I think it’s just a phase thing, so probably just expect that some days, you’ll feel more strongly about combos/favorite names, and some days, you could take it or leave it. I hope this helped.

Once you name a real child, the name goes from being a hobby to something much more real, and connected to your child. Most people find that bond so strong that they don’t see the name as it’s own entity anymore, and the second-guessing is not like it is when it’s only on a list.

I agree with @flamingo. Before I was pregnant with my son, I thought I’d never be able to make up my mind about a name for an actual child, because my name list changed all the time. But it’s completely different when you’re naming a baby. You’re options also become more limited, because you (usually) have an SO with a different opinion than your own, so you have to compromise, and using a name for a real child is something different than just swooning over it when it’s a on a list.
I still had a difficult time picking just one name for my child though. But once I’d chosen it, I didn’t change my mind again. There were still some doubts, but nothing like with the names on my other lists.

This is exactly how I was!
Although we didn’t fully decide until she was born and it suddenly seemed the obvious choice.
I ended up considering names I would have never chosen on a name list (mostly due husband influence
)

[name_f]Junia[/name_f] is a name I loved one day then wasn’t sure about it the next. I had a phase of being 100% sure I wasn’t going to use it because I didn’t like it anymore.

Yeah… I now have a daughter called [name_f]Junia[/name_f]. It grew on me SO much during pregnancy then when she was born it just worked and she suited it so well. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I went back and forth on it by the hour, when she was here and was named it was completely different.