Does anyone have a daughter named Temperance?

[name]Hi[/name], my husband and I are expecting a baby girl in [name]December[/name] (our first child) and [name]Temperance[/name] is at the top of our name list. Since it’s a more unusual name, I was wondering if there was anyone out there with a daughter named [name]Temperance[/name] and if so, what has your experience been with the name so far. Basically, have people overall been accepting of the name or do you get weird looks when you introduce your daughter? What about spelling and pronunciation? Are there any issues there? Also, do you call your daughter by her full name or have you come up with a nickname for [name]Temperance[/name]? The name’s just so long that I feel it needs a nickname but the only natural ones I can think of are [name]Temp[/name]/Tempe or T.

[name]TIA[/name],
[name]Pansy[/name]

I like [name]Temperance[/name]. Then again, I’m one of those odd-balls who likes virtue names like: [name]Verity[/name], [name]Clarity[/name], [name]Constance[/name], and [name]Virtue[/name].

NN ideas:

[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Perdy[/name]
Tems
[name]Penny[/name]

I knew a girl once named, [name]Temperance[/name]… She wasn’t really kind but, It’s an intresting name.

I have never met a [name]Temperance[/name], but I think [name]Perry[/name] or Temmie would be cute for a nickname.

I know an adorable 3-year-old girl named [name]Temperance[/name]. Her nickname is Tempe.

I really love [name]Temperance[/name] and [name]Virtue[/name] names! I think it’d be a great choice. I think Temmie -teh me and Tempe would be cute nicknames.

I like the nn [name]Tansy[/name] for [name]Temperance[/name]. I think it’s a great name!

I love nn’s temmie, perri and my favourite percy…I think percy is adorable on a little girl!! tansy is also gorgeous but perhaps a bit of a stretch…I love the name [name]Temperance[/name]!!

[name]Temperance[/name] is lovely! It’s too associated to Bones for me, but I do think it’s an intriguing name. I don’t know a [name]Temperance[/name] personally, but I figured this link might be helpful to you:

Good luck!

I think the associate with Bones is a positive thing. I would [name]LOVE[/name] to have a kid like her. She’s basically a giant brain, haha

I personally think it sounds like a pilgrim who came over on the Mayflower. I have never met anyone with the name. Not to say that I dislike it.

I don’t have a daughter named [name]Temperance[/name] but I do love the name. I actually love a lot of virtue names, except the stereotypical ones like [name]Faith[/name] and [name]Grace[/name].

I think it is a cute name and I don’t think it would lead to any teasing. Who knows, kids can tease a child over anything. Since name styles are so varied now I don’t think any child with the name [name]Temperance[/name] will get teased.

I’m quite fond of [name]Temperance[/name] as well. I don’t know anyone with the name, but I think that the Bones association is one of the better ones these days. I would love to meet a little [name]Temperance[/name] one day! :slight_smile:

It’s my daughter’s middle name.

I have never met anyone with that name. It’s a lovely name! I personally like [name]Tempest[/name] better.